PDA

View Full Version : 450R on The Track

Sabre003
03-26-2004, 06:16 AM
I just wanted to see how many of you guys have rode the R on the track and what you thought about it. How does it jump, handle in the air, and land. I know what the mags are saying, but I wanted to hear from real people.
Thanks

SSRedRider
03-26-2004, 07:56 AM
I ran it on the motocross track at the General GNCC race. I thought it did great. I didn't get any major air but what little I did I was impressed with it. I thought it handled like the 400ex in the air. The stock shocks handled what I did just fine. I think its a keeper.

2004TRX450R
03-26-2004, 09:08 AM
I've race it three times now and love it. It is the first bike I have raced but I think it handles quite well and jumps good. The suspensoin just does not want to bottom. The only time I was able to ge it to bottom was on a jump that had a flat landing that was about 4' high at the top of the lip. I've been loveing it so far!

ThumPIN_450R
03-26-2004, 08:12 PM
i love mine it does rollover a bit in corners and bottoms on only one jump on the track I ride on and bounces up hard when it does bottom i stiffened the compression (to help bottoming) and backed off the pre load (lower in corners and less spring to = less bounce) I'll need to try it this week end to see how it works but it is better than ay thing else i have ever rode on the mx track........ but i've also never ridden a YFZ on the track either

WOracing19
03-30-2004, 02:27 PM
i have raced it on a track and i would say it feels way better in the air than an ex. probly better than any quad out there right now. besides the yammi, but i still gotta ride it.