PDA

View Full Version : Mx Tires!!

RideRed400StYlE
03-10-2002, 11:08 AM
What should I buy for my 400ex for MX racing? Holeshot MX Tires for the back or Turf Tamers? also what would be better 18's, or 20's.. I wanted to put the holeshots on, but I would like to know what other people think of them first, because my friend just got turf tamers, and he likes them.

400MXer
03-10-2002, 11:15 AM
A lot of people like grooved turf tamers in the rear and holeshot MX's in the front. I have 18" rear holeshot MX's. i think they work good. but i haven't tried the turf tamers yet. Most people use an 18" rear tire for mx racing. for the front, people usually use 19 or 20" tires.

i like my MX's but they are a very soft compound and they wear very quick on hard surfaces...they do best on soft dirt tracks.

dawzie
03-10-2002, 12:21 PM
We found Razor's to do the best on all types of MX tracks. 19" on the front makes it roll nice, found radials NOT to do good at all.

Tommy 17
03-10-2002, 12:41 PM
i run 18 turfs in the rear and i love them... i have nothing bad to say about them... they hook up fine, they seem to be wearing good, and i hit a rock yesterday and it sliced my front tire but the back was fine... look at most of the pro quads they run holeshot fronts and grooved turf rears...