PDA

View Full Version : New 250ex Clutch Slipping?

Chris07
03-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Hello. I have had my 03 250ex for about two weeks now and I have about 6 hours on it now. After I warm it up for about 5 mins and jump on the gas in like 2nd gear I can hear the engine RPMs climb like the clutch is slipping. Or if I am in a high gear like 4th on the road I can let off and then go full throttle and hear it slip and then eventually engage fully. Once I have been riding for 10 or so minuets it seems to stop slipping and I hear more a clicking sound between shifts. Is this normal? I have a 1985 ATC250sx and it doesn't slip like my ex does....

bens250ex
03-25-2004, 06:37 PM
i think mine does the same thing..i believe it just not wormed up enough...but sometimes mine if i let it worm up for a couple mins longer than usual it doesnt do it...

ReDRiDeRChIk
03-28-2004, 10:48 AM
I got a 01 250ex and i experienced similar clicking and popping noises. The one time i really noticed it was when it had been a week or so since i had ridden it. When i rode i would hear the noises and it also felt like i was getting less power when pushing the throttle. By riding more often and changing your spark plugs you'll probably be able to get rid of this problem. I experienced this a while back and i haven't had a problem since