PDA

View Full Version : Bad Brakes Messed Up---Help Please!

Dannyboy
03-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Hi guys. I had my 400EX sitting in my garage for maybe a month or two this winter when I didn't ride it that much. Now, I went out about a month ago and rode it around and stuff and then I noticed that my rear brakes are messed up. When I press down the pedal, it goes down and the brakes engage and stop. The PROBLEM is that once the pedal is down... it will not go down. So everytime I hit the rear brakes, they turn into an e-brake unless you stick your foot under the pedal and pull up. What could this be? Is it an easy fix or would you advise sending my quad back to the shop...

Thanks guys.

--Dan.

SnowFlake
03-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Are you saying the brake pedal is getting stuck? If so check to see if its rusted or getting jammed up on something.

-pat

440exnacsracer
03-25-2004, 08:37 PM
ya, defintaly a good place to start, change the brake fluid and bleed the brakes too

ReconRider25
03-25-2004, 08:40 PM
check the return spring and grease the shaft for the brake pedal.

Dannyboy
03-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Yea, I think I will try checking the pedal to see if it's rusted or something. Maybe it just needs a bit of WD-40 on it? lol. I just find it hard to believe that it could be a hydraulic problem because they WERE fine before I let it sit for a little bit. Kind of weird.

ReconRider25
03-26-2004, 07:37 PM
dont use wd-40 to lube it. if the pedal is seized, use it to loosen it up to take it off, and use grease to lube it.;)