PDA

View Full Version : the real 450R K&N part #

chad502ex
03-25-2004, 05:45 PM
OK ppl. I've spoke with K&N about a K&N Air Filter on the 450R. I know what some are going to say,.... the HA-4099 (400ex K&N)will fit the 450R, and it does, but not without any back support on the filter from keeping the filter from falling out the intake boot. So I drilled my HA4099 and installed a backstrap on the back to prevent the filter from falling out and sucking sand in the motor. For the last month or so Ive been communicating with K&N and they sent me this....

TO: CHAD BEATTIE,

Thank you for your interest in K&N products. You have registered to receive notification about products for your vehicle. This email was sent automatically to inform you of available products that might fit this application. Listed below are the current K&N products for a 2004 HONDA TRX450R 450. We believe this is equivalent to your request for a 2004 HONDA TRX450R 450CC.

Year Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description
2004 450 All Air Filter HA-4504 NEW! Replacement Air Filter

Please review the full application description including comments to ensure that the product will fit your vehicle. We will notify you again if any additional products become available for your type of vehicle. More information about our complete line of products is available at www.knfilters.com.

We appreciate your feedback, and we use product requests like yours to help us determine what new products to develop in the future. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for choosing K&N!

Just thought ya'll should know first!

Hope this helps some.

Chad502ex.com

robman
03-26-2004, 12:48 AM
the filter shoud be bigger like the yfz's which is twice the size of the honda's.But it's twice the price too,maybe pro-design will rig somthing up for a bigger filter.

redriderex
03-26-2004, 02:46 AM
how much more power do you really get with an after market filter.i do have the hrc kit with the stock filter,is it noticable with a k and n filter on

jpconard
03-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Yes, it is important to get the right K&N, rather than something you think should work because it is close.

I have first hand experience of AutoZone selling me the previous years Dodge Dakota K&N, with their computers being wrong. Although close in size, it put slightly to much pressure on the seal and made a small crack and air leak.

The K&N website finally listed a different model. Which had a different seal design.

The first Autozone wouldn't trade for the correct one even with their computers being wrong. They didn't care.

The 2nd Autozone traded with no problem.

Go by K&N's website only. If they don't make one for a new vehicle they probably will soon.