PDA

View Full Version : virginia beach atv extreme weekend

quadstar
03-25-2004, 07:58 AM
Just wanted to see who all is planning on going to the virginia beach race. They are going to have MX and drag racing all weekend. This round is also being filmed for the new ATV Sport TV show with an entire 30 minute show for just this event. I believe it's April 30th, May 1st & 2nd this year. Friday is an all day open practice and racing is on sat and sun.

By the way, for those of you who are wondering why it's on the same weekend as the Muddy Creek GNC, you can thank our old buddy, Doug Morris and the gang for that one. He was emailed on the thursday before the scheduling meeting, on monday, and he was told about the Va Beach dates that already established. He even responded back that he was thankful for the info as they were heading into their meeting in a couple of days. He was asked to stay off of this date and he deliberately put the closest round he could on top of it. All this because Dinkins refused to run the Va Beach race as an ATVA event. Seems Morris and the group at ATVA are doing everything in their power to kill the NQRA before it has a chance to get off the ground. Don't believe me, call Morris and ask him, he usually starts cursing when you mention the NQRA and Dinkins. This I've heard from many sources.

But you know what the weird thing about it is. The promoters are willing to get behind the NQRA, even alot of the companies in he ATV industry are willing to support their efforts, but ironickly, the riders are the ones not showing so far. Why? Their taking all the complaints of the riders at the ATVA nationals and trying to fix them, but yet the riders still go to the GNC's. GO FIGURE!!!

"All I know is that the NQRA will be short lived if the riders don't want it, we are not going though all this for our health, we are trying to make a difference." Randy Dinkins