PDA

View Full Version : Acerbis Rally handguards....anyone else have this problem?

mx440#55
03-25-2004, 12:57 AM
I put on a pair of Acerbis Rally handguards last nite and I'm having a problem with the clearance of the brake lever. It seems like that lever is too long and sticks out to far to fit in there.

Anyone else have this problem? I was thinking of maybe just switching to a "shorty" style brake lever.

QuadRacer041
03-25-2004, 04:10 AM
yup i used to use them, same thing happened to me, i fun the shorty levers now.

Bill Fuller
03-25-2004, 05:15 AM
Same problem,just cut the "ball"off the end of the levers and you will be fine.

big bad beny
03-25-2004, 08:29 AM
dont get a shorty just cut the ball off it will work just fine.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

03-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Same problem,just cut the "ball"off the end of the levers and you will be fine.

Dats what I did too....:blah:

02 Red Rider
03-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Rico

Me 3!:D

QuadRacer041
03-25-2004, 09:19 AM
just becareful, the ball is there for a reason, so if you crash or someone crashes into you the lever doesnt puncture anything or anyone.
i know for mx some places wont let you run if the ball is cut off.
if u do cut it, try to smooth it out on a grinder or something.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-25-2004, 09:37 AM
I would get shorty brake lever, I know the gards are there if you do cut it off but that is pretty dangerous I had a local guy stick the end of his lever into his leg when he crashed.

Plus there is a benefit to the shorty adjustable brake levers.

02 Red Rider
03-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
I would get shorty brake lever, I know the gards are there if you do cut it off but that is pretty dangerous I had a local guy stick the end of his lever into his leg when he crashed.

Plus there is a benefit to the shorty adjustable brake levers.

Hey Dusty what kind of price can you do us on the shorty levers?:D

03-25-2004, 10:55 AM
If i wreck I know that last thing I'm worried about is a lever finding its way out from behind the guard and pokin me somewere. The 400lb quad i'm on and the other 100 guys out there I"m racing with running over me kinda skeers me more...:p

If enough force is applied, ball or not it's gonna puncture you. Just buy a shorty lever as mentioned if it skeers ya,, I"m sure silverfox can hook ya up with one...:cool:

QuadRacer041
03-25-2004, 11:52 AM
If i wreck I know that last thing I'm worried about is a lever finding its way out from behind the guard and pokin me somewere. The 400lb quad i'm on and the other 100 guys out there I"m racing with running over me kinda skeers me more...:p

If enough force is applied, ball or not it's gonna puncture you. Just buy a shorty lever as mentioned if it skeers ya,, I"m sure silverfox can hook ya up with one...:cool:

jesus u make it sound like u know everthing, lol

:devil: j/p

Bill Fuller
03-25-2004, 05:03 PM
If you cut the ball off it's because it don't fit behind the handguards.By cutting them the lever will not be able to poke you.The number 2 reason I run them is cause they protect the lever from breaking off in a roll over and they also protect the grip from getting ripped off.Of course the number 1 reason I run them is to protect my breast squeezers (.)(.):devil:

JOEX
03-25-2004, 09:46 PM
So, you have no balls?:devil:

03-26-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by quad041
jesus u make it sound like u know everthing, lol

:devil: j/p

I almost do Lou.....:devil:

If your worried about the lever then you should worry about the foot peg, your front bumper slamming into your back, the carb vent hose spilling gas in your eyes on a roll over, the list can go on and on. The entire dang quad can hurt you in any type of wreck to be honest..:eek2:

I'd say more riders get hurt from levers on bikes than quads..

QuadRacer041
03-26-2004, 11:01 AM
I almost do Lou.....:devil:

If your worried about the lever then you should worry about the foot peg, your front bumper slamming into your back, the carb vent hose spilling gas in your eyes on a roll over, the list can go on and on. The entire dang quad can hurt you in any type of wreck to be honest..:eek2:

I'd say more riders get hurt from levers on bikes than quads..

then your halfway to being as smart as me, lol:eek2:

jja125
03-26-2004, 11:17 AM
I'd say more riders get hurt from levers on bikes than quads.. [/B]

like i said on a post just the other day - i never really thought about that little ball on the levers that much, but i had one on a bike go right through my riding boots and top of my foot and now my pinky toe doesn't work. but i'd definitely say there's alot more other stuff on a quad to worry about getting punctured with.

i also have the acrebis guards and my brake lever is fine, but my clutch lever is bent a little and it catches sometimes but not enough to bother me. i just wish i could get my levers to stop rattling when i ride - its driving me nuts.

redrunner
03-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
So, you have no balls?:devil:

Good, good one. :p

440's necessary
03-26-2004, 11:02 PM
I just put my lever in a vise and straightened it out a little. Be careful, it's cast.

duncanracing400
03-27-2004, 11:14 AM
IM LMAO OVER U GUYS, HAHA, THIS IS SO FUNNY! keep it goin guys :)