PDA

View Full Version : these magazines have everyone brainwashed!

hndabestonearth
03-24-2004, 06:29 PM
The magazines exagerate way to much, like how they say the 450r is too tippy. In real language what they mean is it is ever so slightly more tippy than the yfz, they just are trying to make it sound better or worse, or make the artical not so plain. They exagerated the wheely thing WAY too much, it does not wheely that much, at all! My 400ex wheelies about 10 times better, when you take the 450r around a corner it doesn't tip right over like the magazines like to say. When you punch the throttle it goes fast and the front end only comes up if you lean back a little or if you want it to. I was expecting all these faults when I rode it, just because the magazines said, but they were not there!? If you heard from another rider about these, OK, but I am assuming you read this out of Dirtwheels or something.

Good choice with the yfz, you would have liked either.

Pappy
03-24-2004, 06:31 PM
compared stock to stock the yfz does handle better IMO

the trx isnt tippy by any-means but does feel higher the the yfz.

jb500ex
03-24-2004, 07:15 PM
i was riding with my brother the past 3 weekends he has the yfz. the honda does feel taller but when we were sitting relaxing, and you look they look the exact same height so i sat on both too check it out, and i think the nose of the honda the way it is designed makes the bike feel taller then what it is. the yammie seems to slope straight down while the honda seems to be coming from a higher point. the yammie is a couple of inches wider so the honda would feel a little tipier. i didn't like the foot peg position on the yfz it felt too far back for me. i did like the midrange but when you race side to side the honda is just as fast if not a little faster. the feel of the motor gives you the impression you are going slow. i do like the yammie a little bit, and i like the honda way more then i thought i would after hearing everything about it.i would like too see a comparison between both bikes with the exact everything. for both gncc and mx. for example same comp. width, exhaust, etc, etc. imvery happy with my honda because i always liked honda better, and my brother is happy with his yammie because he has always liked yammies better

beard
03-24-2004, 08:43 PM
well the honda is 1.5" taller but take in acount it has 22" front tires with the yzf only has 21" and also the yzf has alitle mor sag in the suspention

honda350r
03-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
compared stock to stock the yfz does handle better IMO

In what conditions? Does it only handle better on a track or are you saying it out handles the Honda everywhere and anywhere ? Thanks