PDA

View Full Version : For the future

mikeminyard
03-24-2004, 04:22 PM
I know that everyone says unless you have a high comp piston to go with the hot cam stage 1 and that the stage 2 loses bottom unless you swap the piston. I can't afford to do everything at once so I am wondering exactly how much bottom you lose. Is it really that much or is it liveable until I upgrade to a high comp piston? Right now I have wb e series, powerfilter, no airbox lid and am running 155 main, 42 pilot, and 1 clip down on the needle. I do mainly dune riding with some trail riding in the Tillamook state forest OHV area. Thanks.

wilkin250r
03-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Is it really worth it to tear it all down to put in a cam, without putting in a high compression piston? Especially if you are going to do it all again later to put the piston in?

Personally, if you truly had to choose, I'd do the piston first, then the cam later...

Knips178
03-24-2004, 08:27 PM
I agree, do the piston first. There not that expensive. Infact on ebay you can get a new one for cheaper than a cam. but, the hotcam stage 2 doesn't loose a bunch of lowend torque in my opinion. I've seen them on semi stockers and on hopped up quads and they all ran better all around with the stage 2 over the stock cam.

mikeminyard
03-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Will going to a JE 10.5 or 11 to 1 piston give more power by itself? Also when you buy them do they come with rings or do you have to buy them separately?

wilkin250r
03-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Yes, the piston will give you power all by itself. When you but it, it will come with rings and clips.