PDA

View Full Version : Going riding in TN--jetting change needed?

HondaChris
03-24-2004, 03:07 PM
I am going down riding in Tennessee the second week of April, more than likely to Coal Creek, and maybe around a little bit on a private property. I dont know the elevation there, but do I need to change the jetting in my bike, or not? A few have said yes, a few have said no, figured I'g get on here and try to get something out of the Tennessee riders and find out what they're at compared to mine. Everything I have is in my sig., as far as the needle is and all, its where it was at from the factory, just re-jetted is all. Also, it was recommended to me to put in the quiet core insert, that would "richen" it up just a bit, might be enough. Is this true?

Thanks all--
chris

pure insanity
03-24-2004, 04:56 PM
im not in tn. but im close enough in north ga. i dont have any idea what altitude your at but i do know we are at sea level and were close enough to the same as tenn. it seems like i have read were about the same height. unless your gonna ride up on some of the mountains i dont think youll have a problem. ive ridden all over the area and never had any need for jetting changes. i havent noticed a need to change untill aftermaybe 3000 ft. i went to colorado and tried to ride at 9000 ft. once with stock jets. that was a horror story.i dont think youll have to worry.