PDA

View Full Version : 450R w/ HRC kit: Jetting? Indiana or Similar Area

Honda
03-24-2004, 02:20 PM
O.K.

I can Fix, Build, Tear apart and rebuild almost anything you put in front of me, but one thing I have never learned to do correctly is Jetting.

How do you know when it's right?

I have basically a stock motored 450R w/ full HRC kit, Running Cam 2 Race gas.

Clip on needle is in stock location.

I live in Indiana, I am not sure what level that is.

Once she is warmed up she runs pretty good, with the following reasons for concern.

On deceleration, there is a Back fire like rumble that comes out of the tail pipe.

Also seems like it could idle a little better, will sit and idle all day, but sometimes it soundz just a lil off?

Is there somewhere I could take it to get it set? or can I do it the preferred way? myself!

dn1911
03-24-2004, 03:09 PM
dreyer honda on west washington can help u out just go talk to jody and tell him dustin sent you and hell take care of you

Honda
03-24-2004, 03:29 PM
I Talked to Matt at Dreyer, He said they put a 195 in his. He said could probably go to a 200 :eek2:

seems like an awfull lot to me :confused

Jet included in the HRC kit is a 165

xcyfz450
03-24-2004, 03:34 PM
i know afriend of mine in ohio is running a 180 or 185 main with his hrc kit

Honda
03-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Is stock HRC 165 or 185? I can't remember.

brif
03-24-2004, 04:57 PM
To determine your elevation go to www.topozone.com

kazpr
03-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the link!

gncc571
03-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Honda
Is stock HRC 165 or 185? I can't remember.

stock HRC is 185,I've got the HRC and a full system HMF and I'm running a 190 main and a 52 pilot,the 52 pilot seemed to help more the bigger main

450r_rider
03-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Honda
O.K.

I can Fix, Build, Tear apart and rebuild almost anything you put in front of me, but one thing I have never learned to do correctly is Jetting.

How do you know when it's right?

I have basically a stock motored 450R w/ full HRC kit, Running Cam 2 Race gas.

Clip on needle is in stock location.

I live in Indiana, I am not sure what level that is.

Once she is warmed up she runs pretty good, with the following reasons for concern.

On deceleration, there is a Back fire like rumble that comes out of the tail pipe.

Also seems like it could idle a little better, will sit and idle all day, but sometimes it soundz just a lil off?

Is there somewhere I could take it to get it set? or can I do it the preferred way? myself!

I have the 450r with HRC kit but not running the Cam 2 Race gas. I live in Northern Ky and have ridden in Lawrenburg IN with no problems. No backfires or hards starts....nothing... What octane is the Cam 2 Race gas I run 93? BTW Abernathy's Honda installed the kit so I expect they placed the needle and etc. in recomended settings....

lukester720
03-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by gncc571
stock HRC is 185,I've got the HRC and a full system HMF and I'm running a 190 main and a 52 pilot,the 52 pilot seemed to help more the bigger main
I was wondering where you guys are getting the 52 pilot jet. I've been trying to track one down for over a month now and everyone says that they don't have them and that nobody makes them yet. Can someone help me out here? Thanks!

lukester720
03-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Try running just 93 octane and see if it still doesn't run right

KILLAQuad
03-25-2004, 03:37 PM
I Talked to Matt at Dreyer, He said they put a 195 in his. He said could probably go to a 200

Yea and matt also got 38 HP out of the HRC as well.... I have the LRD pipe on mine with a K&N filter no lid, and i am at 195 as well... no hrc kit... getting 37.6

and 200 isnt that bad of a number especially around here in the Nappy city...... while it is still chilly..... i have my 195 with clip on the bottom slot on my needle with A/F screw out 4 turns (anything after that your doing nothing and need to go with a bigger Piolet jet)(which i am going to do just to mess around with it) Mine ran great today (70 deg) and it had no problems with anything..............

You should be close by doing what MATT did with his cause i told him what i had in mine and then he went with his from there. The only diff is the cam and you get a little better flow with a after market exhaust over the HRC but it should be close..... but a 190 - 195 should be about right.......;)

Have a good one........

gncc571
03-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by lukester720
I was wondering where you guys are getting the 52 pilot jet. I've been trying to track one down for over a month now and everyone says that they don't have them and that nobody makes them yet. Can someone help me out here? Thanks!

got mine at my dealer,they had it in stock

lukester720
03-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by gncc571
got mine at my dealer,they had it in stock

Two of the local dealers and sparks racing all told me that they didn't have them yet and acted like they wernt even being made yet I guess I'm going to have to go in there and tell them to make some calls. The customer service I've been getting lately is BS!