PDA

View Full Version : To kick or not to kick!? and a few other ?s

JHF219
03-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Ok guys im getting ready to buy a YFZ and i had a few questions:

1. Should i keep the electric starter or should i convert to the kicker? how many have the kicker system ? and do you have any issues with it starting.

2. What A-arms and Swinger setup should i run? Walsh? Laeger? LSR? im open to suggestions(along with steering stem) and what axle?

3. What motor mods are the most cost effective for MX?

4. Last but not least how much could i resell the stock shocks, a-arms, swingarm, axle, axle carrier, and rear shock for? how much should these parts bring in ? on thier own?

TRX Smoker
03-24-2004, 02:39 PM
1. for MX convert to the kicker if you do not mind cutting the rear fender

2. Im gonna go with Ars-fx for arms with axis shocks and an RPM stem and axle. Its up to you

3. A pipe but Probably a high comp piston (14:1 or 13:1) depending on if you want to buy race gas. the 14:1 is a torque monster for MX

4. i dunno probably 1-3 hundred

AlaskaSpeed
03-24-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by JHForman250R
Ok guys im getting ready to buy a YFZ and i had a few questions:

1. Should i keep the electric starter or should i convert to the kicker? how many have the kicker system ? and do you have any issues with it starting.

2. What A-arms and Swinger setup should i run? Walsh? Laeger? LSR? im open to suggestions(along with steering stem) and what axle?

3. What motor mods are the most cost effective for MX?

4. Last but not least how much could i resell the stock shocks, a-arms, swingarm, axle, axle carrier, and rear shock for? how much should these parts bring in ? on thier own?

1. starts on first or second kick. Why choose, you can have both the electric starter and kicker if you want a backup and aren't just doing it to save weight.

2. I run LSR swingarm, +1 stem, anti-vibe clamp and a-arms and am happy with the quality and fit of all of them.

3. Free cam mod, pipe it, rejet and air filter and you'll have plenty.

4. stock front shocks: $150.00 to $300.00...depending on the mood at the time. stock rear shock: $100.00. stock a-arms: $250.00. stock swingarm/carrier/axle: $75.00 to $100.00 each; depending again on the mood and need.

Swingarms have been known to crack, so don't try and get rich off selling the stocker. JMO.....JIM

JHF219
03-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Swingarms have been known to crack, so don't try and get rich off selling the stocker. JMO.....JIM

Wonder how much they are worth fully polished =)

TRX Smoker
03-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by JHForman250R
Wonder how much they are worth fully polished =)
even if it was it wouldnt be worth the time for what you will get out of it.