PDA

View Full Version : Will 400ex Nerf bars fit on the 450r

Adrenalinerush
03-24-2004, 06:50 AM
i went to my local shop yesterday and saw the 450r for the first time:eek2: all i can say is i'm not gonna get the money fast enough. i want it if i had the money it would have been in my truck yesterday. but i'm going to Nacs Racing this weekend and gettin sdome thigns for the 400 and i just wnat to know if and what are interchangeable from ex to r :confused:

Honda
03-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Front Bumper, Rear Sprocket, Wheels, Hubs, Not sure what else.

86GN
03-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Some will such as Graydon-Proline. They use the same nerfs for several models.
BTW bumpers are all the same for both 400 and 450.

250rtone
03-24-2004, 05:24 PM
I had a set of DG krome lite nerfs from my 400 and they would not fit my 4 fiddy...

kargaaro
03-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Arens Nerfs will fit on both.

thump4863
03-24-2004, 07:42 PM
anyone know if pro armor ones will fit it?

sparky450AR
03-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by kargaaro
Arens Nerfs will fit on both.

negative, arens told me they fitted a new set of nerfs for the 450R

Pappy
03-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR

really:confused: here is arens nerfs for a 400 bolted on my TRX

660RaptorRider
03-25-2004, 08:05 PM
they will bolt up but ull prolly have some mods to make em fit right.

Pappy
03-25-2004, 08:11 PM
you have to drill one hole in each foot peg, and run the u bolts facing up. i am getting a touch shorter u bolt and will fix that problem when i mount up my chassis skid. the whole process took about 20 minutes to install them.

kargaaro
03-26-2004, 07:03 AM

Got mine installed no problem.

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Well i can forward you guys teh e-mail from arens. I guess they just wanted to produce a product that you didnt have to drill holes in your equipment to install it? I dunno

Does anyone know if 400ex steering stems will fit the 450? This thing doesnt have enough turning radius for my taste.

Pappy
03-26-2004, 08:39 AM
no matter what nerf you use with the stock pegs a hole will have to be drilled as the trx peg only has 1 hole existing.

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
no matter what nerf you use with the stock pegs a hole will have to be drilled as the trx peg only has 1 hole existing.

There has got to be some change, or they wouldnt waste money on fitting a new set of nerfs for the 450.

Pappy
03-26-2004, 09:17 AM
im sure they will but for someone that has a set of bolt on nerfs for a 400ex they more then likely will fit just fine saving that person teh expensive of shelling out more cash

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 09:24 AM
im sure they will but for someone that has a set of bolt on nerfs for a 400ex they more then likely will fit just fine saving that person teh expensive of shelling out more cash

Yep, i sure wish i had an extra set! BTW how do you like the arens? They almost look a little bent down in that picture, i know nerfs like to do that. Im thinking seriously about the dg propegs, they have made the pegs aluminum so it wont rip apart your frame.

Pappy
03-26-2004, 09:26 AM
X-Factor is the best Pro Peg on the market. I will have a set on the 450R soon enough:macho

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 09:27 AM
oh btw pappy do you realize you have hittin the "submit" button on the reply page over 17,858 times? How many mouses have you went through?:eek2:

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 09:28 AM
X-Factor is the best Pro Peg on the market. I will have a set on the 450R soon enough:macho

i was checking out the x-factors too, what makes them so good?

Pappy
03-26-2004, 09:32 AM
fit is spot on, replacable stainless peg teeth and the peg height is great!!

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 09:38 AM
fit is spot on, replacable stainless peg teeth and the peg height is great!!

I dunno if im up for buying another set of steel pegs...my 416 has been welded at the frame from propegs atleast three times!

Pappy
03-26-2004, 11:53 AM
only the teeth are stainless, the rest is aluminum construction. and if your breaking pegs you need to either lose weight or get better suspension:D

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 12:26 PM
only the teeth are stainless, the rest is aluminum construction. and if your breaking pegs you need to either lose weight or get better suspension:D

Im not breaking the pegs, the weight of the pegs are breaking the frame, thats why for awhile all propeg style nerfs were discontinued. There were lawsuits against the companies because of broken frames. Now they make ropegs out of aluminum. Thats not how it used to be.

Pappy
03-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Im not breaking the pegs, the weight of the pegs are breaking the frame, thats why for awhile all propeg style nerfs were discontinued. There were lawsuits against the companies because of broken frames. Now they make ropegs out of aluminum. Thats not how it used to be.

ive been around quite awhile and ive never heard of anything of that nature.

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 12:32 PM
ive been around quite awhile and ive never heard of anything of that nature.

youve never heard of the old dg steel pro pegs breaking frames?

Pappy
03-26-2004, 12:35 PM
uh i owned steeel dg's back in the day and the weight of the nerfs alone wasnt the factor in breaking frames. they dont weigh much more then the aluminum ones.

as far as lawsuits ...thats pretty far fetched.

the frames have gotton a bit beefier in alot of areas and the mere fact that riders are going bigger and faster is probaly the root of all frame related issues..ya think;) even chromoly frames can crack at the pegs with aluminum nerfs so i wouldnt not buy pro peg style nerfs for the reasons you have stated

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 12:40 PM
uh i owned steeel dg's back in the day and the weight of the nerfs alone wasnt the factor in breaking frames. they dont weigh much more then the aluminum ones.

as far as lawsuits ...thats pretty far fetched.

the frames have gotton a bit beefier in alot of areas and the mere fact that riders are going bigger and faster is probaly the root of all frame related issues..ya think;) even chromoly frames can crack at the pegs with aluminum nerfs so i wouldnt not buy pro peg style nerfs for the reasons you have stated

Its not far fetched, DG told me thats why they stoped making them. I didnt say i wasnt going to buy pro pegs, i said i wasnt going to buy heavy steel propegs. Yes, steel is heavier than aluminum, and i know we arent talking about a lot more weight because theres not a whole lotta metal in a peg, but it still adds more stress than runnng aluminum.

Pappy
03-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Dg stopped making them because they were junk:p when the first aluminum nerfs hit the streets the dg's became worthless.

and truthfully i dont remeber dg making a steel propeg nerf. now if your refering to the the teeth section, that cant add more then say 1/4 pound to the nerf bar and if that 1/4 pound or even say 1/2 pound is breaking frames then i dont want to ride a quad with a frame that weak:eek: :D

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Dg stopped making them because they were junk:p when the first aluminum nerfs hit the streets the dg's became worthless.

and truthfully i dont remeber dg making a steel propeg nerf. now if your refering to the the teeth section, that cant add more then say 1/4 pound to the nerf bar and if that 1/4 pound or even say 1/2 pound is breaking frames then i dont want to ride a quad with a frame that weak:eek: :D

why were they junk? Dg stoped making them awhile back. I dont know the exact reason why they were breaking frames, maybe the way they were mounted and the weight. All im going by here is what DG said.

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 12:52 PM
You dont remember Dg making a steel propeged nerf? I thought you just said you owned some?

uh i owned steeel dg's back in the day and the weight of the nerfs alone wasnt the factor in breaking frames.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Pappy
truthfully i dont remeber dg making a steel propeg nerf. [/QUOTE]

Pappy
03-26-2004, 12:56 PM
steel nerfs...not a pro peg type of nerf as you are trying to describe. thats all that was available at that time...pro pegs wasnt even a thought back then.

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 12:59 PM
steel nerfs...not a pro peg type of nerf as you are trying to describe. thats all that was available at that time...pro pegs wasnt even a thought back then.

Im not talking about the steel series nerf bars, ive been talking about steel propegs the whole time.

Pappy
03-26-2004, 01:10 PM
re read the general statements you have posted, then consider the fact that your basis for arguement is hearsay from someone at DG.

i have explained that the old series steel nerfs were not the main reason for cracks in the peg mount area of the frame. they werent heavy enough to cause such an issue. as riders became more skilled and started hitting larger jumps then the weight could have become a factor as more and more stress would be applied to the mount area. (as i said earlier)

as i also stated, frames have cracked in that same area when using aluminum nerfs , even aftermarket frames. so the fact that they are aluminum not steel kinda gets washed away since they are pretty close in actual weight. (didnt i say all this earlier?)

and yet again, frames have been reinforced and reinforced as riders place more demands on the machines. hell i remember the 3 wheelers getting suspension and everyone jumping the chit out of them. and geuss what...they started breaking frames left and right:p must have been the steel pegs:devil:

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 04:57 PM
re read the general statements you have posted, then consider the fact that your basis for arguement is hearsay from someone at DG.

i have explained that the old series steel nerfs were not the main reason for cracks in the peg mount area of the frame. they werent heavy enough to cause such an issue. as riders became more skilled and started hitting larger jumps then the weight could have become a factor as more and more stress would be applied to the mount area. (as i said earlier)

as i also stated, frames have cracked in that same area when using aluminum nerfs , even aftermarket frames. so the fact that they are aluminum not steel kinda gets washed away since they are pretty close in actual weight. (didnt i say all this earlier?)

and yet again, frames have been reinforced and reinforced as riders place more demands on the machines. hell i remember the 3 wheelers getting suspension and everyone jumping the chit out of them. and geuss what...they started breaking frames left and right:p must have been the steel pegs:devil:

Once again, my frame was broke. When i first got DG steel pegged aluminum nerfs, i did not "jump the chit" out of it. Whether it was the pro pegs, or the 400ex's junk frames i do not know for sure. But the reason DG claimed to stop making them was because of the STEEL pro pegs Ripping apart the frames at the mounting area. So since a company that built the product told me this, i assumed they were right. Ya know how that works?:D

Pappy
03-26-2004, 05:06 PM
hahah yeah , its called CYA:devil:

Hammer trx450r
03-26-2004, 05:59 PM
how can a nerf affect the footpeg? Yet hold us at 200 lbs jumping up and down on it.

660RaptorRider
03-26-2004, 07:17 PM
pro-pegs = nerfs with pegs made into them ;) and i agree with pappy ive never seen a dg propeg. u must be mistaken dude.

BigAl
03-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Well, I bought them from magnum, and put them on my YFZ, but these are the original DG steel propegs for the 400ex.

DG did say something about lawsuits, as to why they quit making them.

http://acwalker.mystarband.net/images/yfzfullnerf.jpg

sparky450AR
03-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by BigAl
Well, I bought them from magnum, and put them on my YFZ, but these are the original DG steel propegs for the 400ex.

DG did say something about lawsuits, as to why they quit making them.

http://acwalker.mystarband.net/images/yfzfullnerf.jpg

Hmmm i thought i had a set on my 416 out in the garage. thanks, now i know im not going crazy!

Pappy
03-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Dg stopped making them because they were junk:p

i rest my case:devil: :blah:

i can remember some guy showing up at a race with nerfs. we all were like WTF is that:huh damn im old:p

the nerfs picture in that quad look nasty:eek2:

WOracing19
03-29-2004, 05:07 PM
some nerfs wont fit. i tried my AC racing nerfs on it, and they dont fit.