PDA

View Full Version : GNCC's new rule reguarding tether-cord kill switch

lt250r91
03-24-2004, 05:18 AM
Go check out what racer production has posted on their site reguarding this.

www.gnccracing.com

the following is what I have found on their site:

GNCC News
Parts Unlimited/Moose/Maxxis/Yamaha/Wiseco/Klotz/FMF/Dunlop/ITP
ATVA Grand National Cross Country Series

Reminder: Tether-cord Kill Switches are Required for GNCC ATV Racing

At next weekend's Big Buck GNCC in Union, South Carolina, we will be checking tether-cord kill switches on ATVs at Tech Inspection. Under AMA/ATVA rules, all ATVs must have a working tether-cord kill switch to be raced. It's a rule for the safety of our racers and spectators.

We have come to learn that standard tether-cord kill switches do not work on the Yamaha YFZ450. They require a wiring harness. We know of one source of the kill switch for Yamahas: Earlywine Racing. Call them at 606-883-3098 if your shop doesn't have what you need.

Again, we will be checking for working tether cords at Tech Inspection in South Carolina, and we will not let anyone race without them.

Thanks for your cooperation,

-GNCC Racing

03-24-2004, 06:28 AM
I think it's a great idea. I know I wear one racing MX and nobody MAKES you wear it, so no biggy to me I"m used to being hooked up..:macho

Pappy
03-24-2004, 06:57 AM
Baldwin has the harness also www.baldwinmotorsports.com

MooseRacing
03-24-2004, 07:44 AM
I am glad they are now enforcing the rule....It is just a shame that it took someone getting hurt in GA for it to come into effect.

cdalejef
03-24-2004, 09:44 AM
Actually, you don't need a harness. I forget which wire it is but 465Stroker found a way to hook it up without one.

Wingnut
03-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Actually, you don't need a harness. I forget which wire it is but 465Stroker found a way to hook it up without one.

It's the white one. It seems to me that the harness just keeps you from having to splice into any wires and it makes it easiner to disconnect the kill switch. But none of us would do that, would we?:rolleyes:

03-24-2004, 10:11 AM
I hope it doesn't drain the yammi's batteries too.....:o

:devil: :devil:

SGA
03-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by MooseRacing
I am glad they are now enforcing the rule....It is just a shame that it took someone getting hurt in GA for it to come into effect.
I think its a good idea. I was at the GA race, but didnt hear about someone getting hurt. What happened?

seatec
03-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Rico

Now that you mention it! I hate to say it but i felt that my battery was weaker since i put the harness and pro design kill switch on. maybe its just my imagination. Pappy, you have the same setup i have. did you notice anything different with your battery capacity?

cdalejef
03-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Its not that they are weak, its that they are overcharging.

seatec
03-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Its not that they are weak, its that they are overcharging.

And that would give me the illusion that my engine doesnt want to crank?

Pappy
03-24-2004, 12:50 PM
so far i havent had any issues with my quad at all. only once did it seem a touch week but it had sat for 3 or 4 days in very cold conditions.

QuadRacer041
03-24-2004, 01:04 PM

hahahahahahahaha :devil:

Pappy
03-24-2004, 01:05 PM

oh i will be handing you a roost show at da hatfeeld:mad: :blah:

QuadRacer041
03-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
oh i will be handing you a roost show at da hatfeeld:mad: :blah:

:eek2:

hey u ever get my email about the pics i wanted you to photoshop for me?

Pappy
03-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Lou my email is so fugg'd up. i havent seen anything from ya:(

QuadRacer041
03-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Lou my email is so fugg'd up. i havent seen anything from ya:(

ok ill resend it later i just wanted you to do up some pics for me with photo shop, do you mind???

Pappy
03-24-2004, 01:16 PM
you know me, ill try anything once:p and no i dont mind

lt250r91
03-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Here is something interesting I ran across today on the YZF450

http://www.douggust.com/content/AskPages/YFZ%20battery.htm

SGA
03-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by lt250r91

Very good article!

seatec
03-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by lt250r91

Well, wadda ya know! THanx for the link lt.

Pappy
03-24-2004, 01:56 PM
the lights on kinda thru me but its the same set up as alot of the newer systems. it still should charge at 12.6 at low speed operation. only thing i can figure is that it must not put out current until a certain prpm...which is BS because ive tested mine at below 3000 prm and it reads 13.2 volts.

they need to stop using GS as the battery supplier:p

seatec
03-24-2004, 02:01 PM
what battery should we use Yuasa(sp?)

BUCK442
03-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Wesley Fruits and family found a way to hook mine uo without a harness also, so far no troubles. However Ishonda tells me that this might damage the coil, anybody know.

Wingnut, I am pulling your tether on the line to make sure your laget!!!!!!!:p

Thanks Friuts Family for the last minute wire mania!:D

coorsinmyc-bak
03-24-2004, 06:36 PM
GNCCer told me to tap into the white wire leaving the cdi box,and one wire to ground.but coming from a man that has trouble seeing the checkered flag alot due to bike failures im not sure.does anyone know for sure?sorry GNCCer,lol.

Pappy
03-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by seatec
what battery should we use Yuasa(sp?)

yuasa is the #1 battery in the world when it comes to motorcyles/atv's etc.

i reckon everyone that has had battery trouble just isnt fast enough according to that article:o sorry chris borich i geuss you need to apply just a bit more throttle then you have been..lol

03-24-2004, 07:26 PM
coors that is what GT thunder just got done telling me minutes before. Baldwin tells me to go to one of the wires coming from the stator. That woudl be the exact thing as his wireing harness does, which he is out of for a while!!!!!!!!

hsr
03-24-2004, 09:24 PM

yeah i know, wouldn't that be a bummer

lshonda310
03-25-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by BUCK442
Wesley Fruits and family found a way to hook mine uo without a harness also, so far no troubles. However Ishonda tells me that this might damage the coil, anybody know.

Wingnut, I am pulling your tether on the line to make sure your laget!!!!!!!:p

Thanks Friuts Family for the last minute wire mania!:D

the red an white wires running up along the left side of the radiator, on a pd kill switch- hook up the long wire to the white wire and the other to ground

coryatver
03-25-2004, 09:43 AM
i reckon everyone that has had battery trouble just isnt fast enough according to that article:o sorry chris borich i geuss you need to apply just a bit more throttle then you have been..lol

is that possible:eek:

Ryan
03-25-2004, 02:30 PM

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I read that article! I guess Chris Borich is just to slow to keep up with the Yamaha :o .

:huh :huh :huh

coorsinmyc-bak
03-25-2004, 05:55 PM
ill give it a try GNCCer.whats the worst that can happen?not finish a race and put on my fourth wiring harness.