PDA

View Full Version : Milleville, NJ

02Yellow400
03-24-2004, 05:14 AM
I heard that the lang owners are letting people ride down there now but you have to sign a paper saying you wont sue and give them 20 bucks for the weekened. Is there any truth to this? I plan on going down sunday with a lot of people and dont want to have to turn around. Thanks

James Parent
03-24-2004, 10:05 AM
just one guys property or what? still if someoen gets hurt you know that a family member will sue

kwatts400
03-24-2004, 10:06 AM
keep us up to date.

02Yellow400
03-24-2004, 02:17 PM
no its a huge huge area to ride. Its a mining company that owns all the land. And when you sign the paper you lose all right you and familly members etc...to sue. This is what i was told. Before i go down there i am trying to get some more info. It used to be such an awesome place to ride. I will keep everyone updated. Let me know if anyone knows anything

Rebelrider4OOex
03-24-2004, 03:38 PM
20 bucks a person? what if u only wnat to go 1 day and not both still 20 bucks? where is the place located?

Let me know ill check it out 1 weekend if were aloud ot ride there

02Yellow400
03-25-2004, 04:39 AM
Someone has to live out that way or have been there recently...

nasty88r
03-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Are you talking about port elizabeth at the end of rt 55 onto rt 47 and make a left?? If so don't believe it I heard a rumor about that and I am hearing it's not true.. I would love to know how that got started.. If you go down let me know how it was I am hearing if you get caught they will take your bike and look out for cops on quads they will act like they are broken down and try to get you to help them and then bust you.. I live in your area and used to go there alot..

02Yellow400
03-25-2004, 10:41 PM
Yeah i think we are talking about the same place. There is a ton of pits and one long *** fire trail? If so i would really like to find out if this is true or not before riding down there. If its not true we will just be riding in forked river again this weekend.

88r.. Where are you at? Do you have any good place to ride? If you want to come down to jersey with us let me know. I think we are going down sunday

nasty88r
03-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Here is a post I put on another site and I also put one on this site for the same place you are talking about I believe it is just a rumor.. You can still go but you have to be able to hide your truck pretty good and just watch your back.. If you still go let me know how you make out. You can PM me if you don't want to post it.. Check the link

http://www.davidsatvzone.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=1148&

There is also the same topic going on at bansheehq.com

XxxTRiPxxX
03-29-2004, 07:19 AM
u know where that mining place is in millville. we go out to a pit by there on weekends and it has all the equipment out there but never had to pay twenty bucks and sign any waiver. alot of people out there.

02Yellow400
03-30-2004, 05:22 AM
Do you ride on all the fire trails or just in one pit? Because there is a ton of pits in millville

jgray
03-30-2004, 11:22 AM
I rode this place once before.. you trailer your truck down this rode and make a right into this 30ft wide fire road that is striaght for like a mile. There were people parking on that rode and a couple large parking areas on the right. You drive down this fire road and there are like 10 -15 differents entrances (play areas) to enter. From there its endless.. Used to be a huge and busy riding area. Great Time. People camp there all weekend.. Was only there once and wish it was legal to return. The mining company could make huge profits on this.
Keep this updated. Any idea of the coal company's name or contact number ?? If this is at all true, its a well worth area to fight for. Would love to hook up with a local and ride a little..

nasty88r
03-30-2004, 02:40 PM
02 yellow did you go this weekend?? Where did you go??

jgray
03-30-2004, 03:04 PM
by chance, is this the area we are all talking about. I am wonderin gif Port Eliz. and Millville are the same riding area being talked about. I knew it as Millville. But Sounds like it could also be known as Port Eliz.
Is Franckles Lane the sandy fire road we are talking about. There is a couple parking lots off of this road. The main one being on the right about 50 yds in. Then as you go farther down the road, there are other entrnaces into the sand pits and play areas ??

This is great news if all this info. is correct about this being a pay area to ride. From what I remember this is worth $20 a weekend to ride, even worth $20 a day to ride.

I remember my buddy trying to ride around a bowl with about 2 or 3 ft of water in the middle. Once you entered the bowl, you had to go ALL the way around before you could exit. He made it about half way ..... lol.

Someone has to be close to check out the area on the weekend. Just drive up (recomend not taking your quad or bike with you ) and see what the entrance is like. There are a couple houses at the beginning of Weatherby Rd. I would think one of those would know something. We need a risk taker to step up and check the area out. I live about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs away. i would still drive that, but am pretty busy this next couple weeks. (Selling the house and getting the new one ready to move into)

So, who is up for some researching

I hope this map works ????
????/home/jgray/mapimage.gif

jgray
03-30-2004, 03:08 PM
This should work. ZOOM in to the no. 2 setting. You'll see wearthby Rd. &
Franckles Ln.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=port+elizabeth%2C+nj&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

nasty88r
03-30-2004, 04:24 PM
This is all just a rumor you cannot go there without taking a big risk of a big fine or losing your bike. My buddy drove through there on Sat. and said there are big dirt piles blocking you from getting in and he saw nobody there. The only people that probably go are the locals who live close enough to ride there. Or if you have big enough balls to take a chance of getting caught..

02Yellow400
03-31-2004, 06:53 AM
Me and one of my buddies are going to take a ride there one day this week in my truck. Just to see whats up. After i go i will give you the heads up.

Nasty...I went to Forked River this weekend aka..georges

danyeo
04-06-2004, 01:52 PM
I recenly heard that George was getting sued by a rider who got hurt pretty bad abd George was shutting his lland down for good out of fear of getting sued. Is this true or is it just another attempt to scare people from going there.

rpyfz450
03-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by jgray
Any idea of the coal company's name or contact number ?? If this is at all true, its a well worth area to fight for. Would love to hook up with a local and ride a little..

There's a couple of things that could make the $20 pay to play idea a reality.

Right now, guys from www.NJOHVA.org and www.OffRoadNJ.com are trying to get the NJ Off-Road comminuty together so we can get some of things we all want. These guys know how to do it, they just need more support when it comes to making phone calls to politicians and things of that nature.

One of the first things that has to happen is a "Limited Liability" law needs to be enacted. The people from the above organizations are already lobbying for this. Limited liability will place limits on how much an injury victim can sue a landowner for. "Limited liability" is the main reason insurance premiums are cheaper in PA. If this makes sense to you, keep reading.

With limited liability enacted, it then becomes feasible for mining companies to officially allow people on their property without becomming a big target for injury lawsuits. Why would a mining company want to allow you on their property? ...one answer is, because they want to be accepted by the community they conduct business in. Another reason is they want to get the word to the off road community that they'll share with us as long as we don't harm their equipment. In fact, some of the people at NJOHVA have been approched by property owners that are already inclined to let us share their land, but won't actually do so for fear of the liabilities.

There's already a working model of this concept in PA. RACC is doing exactly this and it's working. You sign a waiver, a list of rules, pay a fee, and you're allowed to ride on their 27000 acres. This isn't imaginary... a couple of my friends already recieved their permits in-hand. If we get limited liability here in NJ, the rest is ready to fall into place. Check out those websites and pass it on to all your riding buddies in NJ.

mike nash
03-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Where to find Reading Anthracite properties is a big question because they don't really know where to tell you to ride . If you know who or what club to contact please post.

smi2710
03-14-2006, 10:52 AM
i jsut called the mining place in PA she said jsut show up pay her 100 bucks and you ride anywhere they arent working that day

the number is 570-622-5150

rpyfz450
03-14-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm glad you found a new place to ride, but don't overlook the fact this could work in NJ too.

http://www.OffRoadNJ.com
http://www.NJOHVA.org

BTW- Bring skid plates and tire plugs when you ride in PA.

JW450R1
03-14-2006, 04:41 PM
millville/port eliz. i think its the same place.that place used to be awesome.i got hurt there,but never sued.it's really the riderssss fault.i was wondering about that place....

chal23
03-18-2006, 01:33 PM
I ride in Millville and have never had a problem. I spoke to a game warden about two months ago and he told me that some electric company owned the land, not sure how true that is. The place I ride is off of 49 but it looks like it would lead to the spot on 47 if you rode far enough. From what I understand there are many entrances into the place and it is a huge area with lots of sand and bright blue lake/pond like water.

I also heard that there is a drought in the area and they might be kicking people out becasue of a fire possibility. I have been back there and seen bon fires going with people in 4x4 trucks riding all over the place.

On a side note, friends of mine were there last weekend and were asked to leave by a game warden and he said you are not allowed to ride there. So we have conflicting stories from game wardens in that area and I am not sure what the truth is. I know that there is a section that you are not allowed to ride in because it is a wildlife preserve, if you are caught you get fined.

If anyone has information on this place let me know, I would like to get to the bottom of it becasue it is the only place I like to ride.

chal23
03-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Just a little info on the permits:

In order to get a permit you must have Registration and Insurance for your quad and must have a drivers license. You will then be asked to sign a waiver and pay the $100 fee. You will be given a sticker/paper that you must put in your vehicle window and a button of some sort that you must carry on you at all times when riding that verifies you paid.

All in all it sounds like a good deal, I would pay the money to have a legal place to ride for a year and I will probably be getting my permit in the next week.

You must follow a bunch of rules they have set and if they are broken the place will be shut down so use your head if you are going to participate in this, I hate when idiots don't follow rules and end up spoiling the fun for others. If you are caught riding without a permit you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent, and yes they do patrol the area heavilly looking for illeagle riders. The local police are even involved so it is not some $8 an hour fat lazy security guard hired by the company to govern this, it is the real deal.

nasty88r
03-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know what kind of riding there is in Reading?? Are there any hillclimbs coal hills to climb or is it just flat??? Is it all open or trails?? Anyone!!!!!

rpyfz450
03-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by nasty88r
Does anyone know what kind of riding there is in Reading?

People are already discussing your new topic in this thread: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217123

The thread you're currently reading is about Millville NJ.