PDA

View Full Version : best paddle set up for a 300ex?

kid300ex
03-09-2002, 08:43 PM
Im wondering what would be the best set up for my 300ex, I have a full exhaust system on it and a 14 tooth sproket, should i go with the skat trak haulers or gliders? how many paddles? should i put my stock 13 tooth sproket on it? i ran my cuzins haulers in sand lakes (8 paddle i think) and when id get to the top of a hill id bog out, well any help would be great!

03-14-2002, 12:19 AM
i'm right there with you. (trying to figure it out to) I currently have your common v-tread design, but just bought some 8 paddle haulers; 21x12x8. The v's bogged for me too. trying the haulers this weekend. will let you know...

2000 300ex, big gun exhaust and header, k&n filter, wb rev box

kid300ex
03-15-2002, 05:42 PM
thanks vegas300,

would 18's be good too?

skull
03-17-2002, 05:15 AM
I'm running 22" dune hoppers (8 paddle) on 8" rims. with a 14 tooth sprocket and a pro circuit T4 pipe.
the gearing is a little tall, but I can still pull wheelies forever. the tall gearing hooks up good in high speed situations. for more of an "all around" gearing you may want to go with 20" tires (with your 14 tooth) or 22" tires with the 13 tooth. you can get used to the tall gearing though. you just have to change your shifting style.
when I had my 13 tooth, I tried some skat trak haulers (20" 8 paddles). they totally sucked (most likely the gearing). they would probalby hook good with the 14 tooth. if you want haulers and you find out you got too much paddle, pump 'em up with air a little more. more air = less traction. you should spin more and not bog out.
it's kind of a delicate mix, you got to get it just right. I think I found it in my set-up. but that's me. :D