PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Pipe + HRC = wow

330R PowerValve
03-23-2004, 08:04 PM
I installed a sparks pipe and a prodesign air filter on my HRC 450R and all I can say is wow. This thing is scary:eek2: I didn't get much time on it yet but will get a chance after work tomorrow. I'll give a full ride report tomorrow.

Thanks to the guys that gave me info on the sparks HRC setup!!!

fasthonda450r
03-23-2004, 08:26 PM
330r power valve

what main jet , needle and pilot did you use? what is your air screw turned out at? what did curtis tell you to use with the HRC kit installed?

kazpr
03-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Tell us how it compares to your 330pv!:D

330R PowerValve
03-24-2004, 06:06 PM
I had the opportunity to get some seat time on it. The first thing I want to say in this thing is awesome. I would highly recommend sparks, prodesign air and the HRC set up. I run XC and the power and gearing on the bike is perfect for me. It accellerates hard and fast and has endless power.

I am running a 195 main, a 52 pilot and the needle where the dealership put it when they installed the HRC. I am guessing it is in the middle? Can someone tell me. Also the air box lid is off. I am now waiting on the Houser LT XC and the +1 1/4 swing. And I can't forget the fully adjust Elka's. I didn't ask sparks, just went off how ther bike runs and what people are saying on here.

One thing I noticed was that the pipe glows red in the dark. I have the stainless system. I know that the crf's also did the same thing. Are others on here experiencing this?

I love this bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compared to the 330R it's still faster, but it runs on c12 and it's highly modded.

markeg192
03-24-2004, 06:15 PM
A kid that works at our dealership is running the same mods as you and he let me ride it a couple of weeks ago. I was VERY impressed also. It made so much power from bottom to the top and it pulled the stock gearing easily. Enjoy it man.

Sportrax10
03-24-2004, 06:42 PM
I got my Sparks pipe, getting HRC kit on this weekend probably, and getting a Sparks air filter and ill tell you what I think when thats all done...:macho :devil:

markeg192
03-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Sporttrax10......You will love it!!!!!

4fiddyR
03-24-2004, 07:00 PM
I got the same thing as you 330pv, but I got the sparks cam, I love it.

sparky450AR
03-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 4fiddyR
I got the same thing as you 330pv, but I got the sparks cam, I love it.

did the the sparks cam give top end? or torque?

fasthonda450r
03-24-2004, 09:31 PM
powervalve 330r - what was your air screw set at?:huh

330R PowerValve
03-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Air screw is at 2 turns out.

Crayfish
03-25-2004, 10:42 AM
330r, ANY clue has to what the sound level is with the sparks pipe? The power increase sounds good, but where I ride they really are starting to crack down on the noise, 96db max.

2manycrashes
03-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 330R PowerValve

One thing I noticed was that the pipe glows red in the dark. I have the stainless system. I know that the crf's also did the same thing. Are others on here experiencing this?

I had the same thing happen. I called sparks and they said to adjust the air fuel mixture screw out to 4 turns. I did it and it solved the problem, but the quad was hard to start. So I adjusted the screw to 2 1/2 turns out and it fixed the problem. The red hot pipe issue is that the pilot is to lean.

Hope this helps. If 2 1/2 isn't enough, try 3 turns out. 4 is overkill.

I'm running the same configuration and love it. I am thinking about getting a slightly longer swingarm though. Any Ideas.

330R PowerValve
03-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 2manycrashes
I had the same thing happen. I called sparks and they said to adjust the air fuel mixture screw out to 4 turns. I did it and it solved the problem, but the quad was hard to start. So I adjusted the screw to 2 1/2 turns out and it fixed the problem. The red hot pipe issue is that the pilot is to lean.

Hope this helps. If 2 1/2 isn't enough, try 3 turns out. 4 is overkill.

I'm running the same configuration and love it. I am thinking about getting a slightly longer swingarm though. Any Ideas.
A 52 pilot too lean?????

2manycrashes
03-25-2004, 05:28 PM
I don't know what the standard pilot is. I'm pretty sure the HRC kit only changed the main jet and needle. The stainless pipe will get a little red and glow slightly in the dark. It sounds like your main jet and HRC are fine. The pilot issue will only show up when idling for 3-5 minutes. Mine was getting real hot very quick. The adjustment to 2 1/2 turns helped keep the pipe cooler considerably. My 450R has never gotten hot though and had the fan kick on. You can adjust the pilot screw without taking off the carb. You probably already know this, but I didn't. You can loosen the carb on each end and twist it slightly. This will let you make the adjustment and tighten back up and it only takes a few minutes.

If the issue occurs when idling, I would give this a try. It worked for me.

330R PowerValve
03-26-2004, 08:34 AM
I was thinking of trying a 54 or 56 pilot. I will adjust the air screw out 3 turns and see how that works. Thanks.