PDA

View Full Version : 400ex !?!?!?

Halo Boyz
03-23-2004, 07:40 PM
i know a kid that keeps telling me that my raptors crap. it has never broke on me yet... that means it an 03' ( i dont see alot of 01's and 02's working) but anyway he ride a 400ex. its a nice quad but its alittle slow for me. all he says is "what is a raptor without its speed"? but what is a 400ex. i know they never brake but thats about it. they are also fun as hell to wheelie! i just wanna see what some of you have to say. :grr:

dannyboy20
03-23-2004, 08:04 PM
I have heard of earlier raptors having there share of problems. For instance the starters. I have witnessed this on two 02' raptors. Im sure that yamaha has worked out this problem by now. As for the 400ex, well they are virtually bulletproof. I have owned one for a year now and beat the living hell out of it riding atleast 3 times a week and i have yet to have any problems. They are not the fastest quads but can easily be upgraded. They handle great in stock form and are a blast to ride. The reason I bought one is because i knew how reliable they are and the maintanance is soo easy. Everyone i ride with says to me that it will never die on me becuase its a Honda. Well so far so good and i am very happy with the 400ex.

SadisticShee
03-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Uhh any quad can break or have problems. Just because its a honda doesn't mean it won;t have problems. Give me a 400ex and i bet i can break quite a few things on it.

phireboi
04-12-2004, 09:17 PM
I have a 400ex and I will never admit that it doesnt break i've had my share of electrical problems with it and the rings are gone but I think that is from previous owner but 400ex's have really good handling and are alot less tipsy then most other stock quads..But yeah they aren't very fast :)

Oh yeah I bent a tie rod too....lol ran into a log :)

mx8
04-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Everybody always ask how fast whats the top speed ect. I would like to know how many times unless your in the dunes or on the road that there in 5th gear going has fast as the quad can go. I think the 400ex will do everything any other quad can do. If you have any years of riding under your belt at all. Bigger is not always better. Just get out there and ride. :D

CowsBitePeople
04-25-2004, 07:52 PM
my old 400 had its share of problems with the electric its common of 400's i guess but i loved its handling in stock form and it is soo easy to get aftermarket parts for, :macho

400extracc
04-26-2004, 09:18 PM
no problems with my 400ex. other then what i did. bent axle, stem what not. motor is strong and rides nice. with some basic mods you can realy wake it up. heres pic.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid112/pd6dde240a981743b9b36372cc6a5ed6d/f8fa9d37.jpg

wheelie animal!!!!!!!!!

JRDrider22
05-03-2004, 02:59 PM
it all matters on how you ride it.you respect your quad and ride it right. ifyou beat the thing to death things are bound to break soon

Joey
JRD

Raptor Mike
05-06-2004, 03:05 PM
The '01 Raptors had serious tranny problems, especially 2nd gear. The early '02's also had this problem but were fixed for the later 02's. They offered a '02 tranny swap for the ones with the bad trannies. Since then the only problems I know of is the recall for the rear brakes, this is on ALL years. Fixed in a matter of 45 min. at the dealer.

Mr.Offroad
05-06-2004, 08:14 PM
And not all '01's have problems. Mine, and all my friends' '01's gets ridden hard at the dunes regularly. Not a problem between any of 'em. I can wheelie mine 'till the cows come home, too. What else do they have besides their speed? Uhhhh.... how 'bout power? I'll admit they're not the best handling. But when me and my 400EX buddies are rippin' around, whenever I lose them through some quick turns, I more than make up for it when we straighten out and I pin the throttle! It's all how ya ride 'em and take care of 'em.