PDA

View Full Version : what kind of riding take the most skill?

steveatv3
03-23-2004, 07:09 PM
The title says it all. What kind of riding takes the biggest balls, the most guts, and the most endurance. Also take in mind the kind of riding with good showmenship and has a freindly atmosphere.

Sry no flaming i was bored and wanted to post somthing, Me and my freind that is a "hardcore" dragger on his stock banshee:rolleyes: allways tells me (MX racer) that i have no skill.

roostin_dale
03-23-2004, 07:17 PM
motocross

batgeek
03-23-2004, 07:22 PM
this thread is flame bait.

it should be locked.

UglyMotha™
03-23-2004, 07:24 PM
what no backflip selection :huh

i think that would take the cake for the biggest balls cause i don't forsee myself doin it anytime soon

roostin_dale
03-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
this thread is flame bait.

it should be locked.

it could be fun to hear everyones opinions

400exmom
03-23-2004, 07:29 PM
ALL of them~ any idiot can hop on a machine doesnt mean they can ride or race but some do anyway~skill something you work hard at and learn~imo:)

Jonesy
03-23-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
ALL of them~ any idiot can hop on a machine doesnt mean they can ride or race but some do anyway~skill something you work hard at and learn~imo:)

Ditto....and well said.

Bobbs07
03-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Drag racing takes skill, alot of it actually. I have drag raced people on friends machines and did awesome then they try it and get smoked. You gotta be able to just give her hell in the beginnning and not be scared of flipping or liek some people go from a rolling start:rolleyes: On my 250 when i race on pavement i am sitting on the gas tank and riding a wheeelie up til 3rd gear balls to the walls.:eek2:

But i voted mx because it takes still to be able to go through the woops fast and hit the jumps perfect and fly around the turns.

LTandRaptorider
03-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom

hey, I resemble that remark! :o

nah... maybe crazy honda does a little more. I'd say for the skilled riders, baja racing is toughest, with mx next, gncc then drag racing. Although I'm equally beat after either mx or xc... :( :p

Atreyu
03-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Well I don't see how it could be drag. Thats seems to require less effort and more wallet.

Merriman
03-23-2004, 07:44 PM
I think racing desert in Mexico takes the most overall.....maybe not the most skill on the bike though.....

you race anywhere from 250-1000 miles dodging mexican booby-traps and trucks that race past you at over 100 mph while trying to get your pit support to out run you to your next stop. If your lucky you finish and come home in one peice. :eek2:

wwclea01
03-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Definetely mx because of all the big jumps. Those jumps take the most practice to get down perfect. A mx race wears you out pretty good. GNCC takes endurance but not a whole lot of skill is involved, you just have to be ballsy to win.

ultimate2girl
03-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
Well I don't see how it could be drag. Thats seems to require less effort and more wallet.

drag racing on quads yes not very hard
BUT drag racing on a drag bike is incredibly hard, so dont bash it intell you try it

TheWolf
03-23-2004, 09:32 PM
The title says it all?????
Then why do you ask all the other questions ?

Skill is different from balls which is different from endurance. Ask one question so everyone stays on topic! You can't ask which one take the most skill, and then ask all the other questions! You can have a different answer for all. You have to ask about skill? OR most guts? OR most endurance?

Everyone is answering to a different queation, SO back to the topic. Answer which takes the most SKILL!(as the topic states)

SGA
03-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Most skill, hmmm. Almost anyone can get on a quad, take it easy and ride any of these styles. The difference is when you are good enough to be competitive for the win. I have seen pro MX racers try XC and vice-versa, and do very well. I am sure they would do well in Baha and drags also.

Its like comparing apples to oranges. I really dont think you can say one type of racing takes more skill than others, each type of racing takes a particular, well honed skill to win.

steveatv3
03-24-2004, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by TheWolf

Skill is different from balls which is different from endurance. Ask one question so everyone stays on topic! You can't ask which one take the most skill, and then ask all the other questions! You can have a different answer for all. You have to ask about skill? OR most guts? OR most endurance?

Everyone is answering to a different queation, SO back to the topic. Answer which takes the most SKILL!(as the topic states)

Didnt I say NO FLAMING! and i listed more then one topic/quality because there is more then one when it comes to raceing and you have to take all of them incount

redrunner
03-24-2004, 06:03 AM
Well they all have one thing in common, "skill"
As far as endurance "GNCC"/ "desert" 2 to 3 hours of beating yourself to a pulp or hundreds of miles of crap and dust.
As far as balls "MX" hitting huge doubles repeatedly with confidence. "drag" popping and let'er fly without backing off.
"flat tracking" laying it out into a turn and hoping you don't catch an edge.
Kind of a tough question but it is like in every motor sport and I personally love them all and would do them all if I could.;)

TGW_400ex
03-24-2004, 06:22 AM
You forgot freestyle!:eek2:

xr50layke
03-24-2004, 06:25 AM
i think baja is the most demanding

ATC Crazy
03-24-2004, 06:34 AM
Baja is the most demanding....but I think GNCC (XC) takes the most skill. There is a little bit of everything thrown into a XC race....not to mention its also a few hours long.

TheFontMaster
03-24-2004, 12:43 PM
You shuld have put hill climbing ito that poll. In my opinion its the most dangerous, and takes the most skill. You have to be able to read the terain, know how steep it is and how much throttle it takes before the bike will flip over. Most of my riding is hills in sand pitts. They can get steep, and it is f-in scary when you're quads front tires come of the ground, or if you dont have the power to make it up.

Got nads?
03-24-2004, 12:53 PM
I'd say mastering riding whoop sections on motocross tracks takes alot of skill. But you need skill to compete in any form of racing!

Pappy
03-24-2004, 01:02 PM
id say mx...and i mean real mx. taking the jumps that these guys do is amazing. riding gncc is what most of us do when we trail ride. now if you wanna add gnnc x the speeds the pros ride thats a whole different story:p

steveatv3
03-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
id say mx...and i mean real mx. taking the jumps that these guys do is amazing. riding gncc is what most of us do when we trail ride. now if you wanna add gnnc x the speeds the pros ride thats a whole different story:p

Thank you pappy, I think Mx is the most nutty maybe not the most physiclly demanding but you need to know ur bike pretty well. I tryed Gncc maybe i didnt have the "skill" for it but when it comes to launching my quad over a 60ft double thats ware i exell

Lil - Braff
03-24-2004, 01:55 PM
I personally think that they all require alot of "skills" just different kinds of skills. Like MX you gotta know how to take on the jumps and XC you gotta know more of how to trail ride to be good. Any idiot can get out there and ride but you just gotta get the skills to do it well. They all take alot of skills, balls, WHATEVER!!

steveatv3
03-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
I personally think that they all require alot of "skills" just different kinds of skills. Like MX you gotta know how to take on the jumps and XC you gotta know more of how to trail ride to be good. Any idiot can get out there and ride but you just gotta get the skills to do it well. They all take alot of skills, balls, WHATEVER!!

I have heard that you dont have balls:p

well i hope not lol, im just kiddin wit ya

Lil - Braff
03-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by steveatv3
I have heard that you dont have balls:p

well i hope not lol, im just kiddin wit ya

I promise ya, I don't!! lol

Nausty
03-24-2004, 06:39 PM
mx racing but I don't know what baja is like.

Takes endurence on some races, strength and tons and tons of skill. I've been riding quads for years and even tho i'm fast I still feel my laps could use some vast improvement.

Still you have to worry about guys landing on you, holeshot (drag racing anyone?), dirty racers, getting crossed up, whoops, rythem sections, differant types of turns and passes and JUMPS. You have to read the faces to know how its gonna throw you and how to throw the quad around in the air. God you could go on forever about this stuff.

660RaptorRider
03-24-2004, 06:50 PM
yeh i agree with the mx. It takes alot of endurance and technique.

steveatv3
03-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
mx racing but I don't know what baja is like.

Takes endurence on some races, strength and tons and tons of skill. I've been riding quads for years and even tho i'm fast I still feel my laps could use some vast improvement.

Still you have to worry about guys landing on you, holeshot (drag racing anyone?), dirty racers, getting crossed up, whoops, rythem sections, differant types of turns and passes and JUMPS. You have to read the faces to know how its gonna throw you and how to throw the quad around in the air. God you could go on forever about this stuff.

Agreed:D

Jekyl_22
03-24-2004, 08:05 PM
I don't know which takes the most skill, but I would say that the one that takes the least is drag racing. Think of it this way.... every form of racing includes a racing start which is the same thing as what a drag racing is. In MX, GNCC, TT, and Baja you all are fighting for the holeshot. But after that.... you still have lots of other challenges to face.

TheWolf
03-24-2004, 09:30 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TheWolf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steveatv3

Didnt I say NO FLAMING! and i listed more then one topic/quality because there is more then one when it comes to raceing and you have to take all of them incount

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You call that flaming???:confused: Then you need to grow up. That was not flaming. All it did was show that you wanted to know which took the most skill, then proceded to ask which also took the most balls , most endurance....OF which there is only ONE poll to answer. TO answer you question/s you would have to have a poll for each "quality" that you had listed.

It was not a flame it was mearly to mention you have ONE poll and asked about THREE different questions! :D
:rolleyes:
quote:

gimp419
03-25-2004, 07:30 AM
MX cause it is a 4 or 5 lap sprint! XC is very demanding but you can still ride the course if you're tired. With MX when your arms pump up and you still have to hit those 50 or 60ft doubles wide open that takes a lot of skill and determination. If anyone has ever been to a GNC MX race and seen how rough the track gets you'd understand exactly how much skill it does take to ride mx as fast as possible for 10 or 15 minutes, it's all about picking the fast lines and holding on.

Drag racing does take skill. In MX you drag race to the first turn and there are a bunch of people that don't get the holeshot, roughly 19 per moto. :D I'd say that any MX racer will tell you that the holeshot (drag race) is probably the single most important thing in an MX race. Get out in the top 5 and you're set for the whole race.

brian-250
03-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
I promise ya, I don't!! lol

ill need proof sunday:devil: :blah: :blah:

JTRtrx250r
03-25-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
id say mx...and i mean real mx. taking the jumps that these guys do is amazing. riding gncc is what most of us do when we trail ride. now if you wanna add gnnc x the speeds the pros ride thats a whole different story:p yep..what he said:macho