PDA

View Full Version : Broken front plastics front jumping.

Moded86R
03-23-2004, 02:13 PM
A couple of weekends ago I was out my buddies farm.He has these feilds that have biggo terrace's in them.(Those of yyou that are around farms know what I am talking about)

Anyway I was hitting the terrace's in like 3rd pinned-mid 4th.I was launchin pretty high.I landed one time and the front clutch side fender started floppin around.A couple hours later the other mount breaks off.So I take it back to the truck and quit riding.

Last weekend my buddy tells me he is tearin down his mx track.So if I wanna ride on it I better hurry.He has a BIG uphill double.The hill is steep and it launches you up onto a landing.You couldn't clear it because it was a little muddy and it wouldn't hook up good enough.But you could get 6-7 foot of the ground.Well the other side broke to.

Before any of this ever happened all the clips that hold the side panels on.the little parts that you slide the panel onto broke off.

Am I just to hard on stuff or what?I am thinking about race cutting my next front of plastic so it doesn't break.

Has anyone else had this trouble?

toby400ex
03-23-2004, 03:00 PM
All of thats happened to me. I replaced the fender mounts with the metal mounts that maier sends with their 400ex plastic, I cut off the stock mounting tabs and bolted these on. For the little side panel mounts i drilled holes in the plastic :( and used zip ties.

y2k400ex
03-23-2004, 03:08 PM
you can always rebuild it with some zip ties. My front fender cracked on one side from a crash i stiched it together with sone little red zip ties. I haven't heard of any problem of then just breaking. if you cant fix them you can get some new ones form Service honda for $65

HiperEX
03-23-2004, 08:46 PM
same thing happend to me just from riding my new 03 le rap last weekend all my fender mounts broke
so im going to make metal L shaped brackets nad use flathead bolts for the tops so theres not a big nut looking thing on teh outside of the plastic

tants
03-24-2004, 05:40 AM
what kind of plastics? oem or maier??

y2k400ex
03-24-2004, 06:27 AM
I have some patterns made for front fender braces. if you want to fix your fenders

Moded86R
03-26-2004, 04:23 PM
They are oem plastics.Yeah I know there cheap which is a good thing.

I am saving up right now to buy a new truck so my 400ex is gonna be floppy for a little bit.It just makes me mad.Same thing happened to my 300ex.

TCracin440ex
03-26-2004, 06:18 PM
since they are broke..shave them...they proally wouldnt have broke ne ways if they were shaved...

Moded86R
03-28-2004, 09:29 PM
All the mounts are broken.So basicly right now the front fenders are just layin on it.No point in even taking the time to shave them.

I am going to buy 2 new sets of front plastics and race cut one and put a hood on it and the other one leave stock and put the graphics kit on it.

That is one good thing about 400ex's.Parts are cheap for them.