PDA

View Full Version : Fine job Honda and Yamaha

greatwhite04
03-23-2004, 01:06 PM
I will be getting another quad someday. I can't decide which to get, the R or the YFZ. Two excellent quads, both have features I want that the other does not. By the time I am ready to buy one I should be able to see which has been more reliable overall. That will probably be the deciding factor for me.
One thing I keep reading about Is how the R is more rider friendly but the YFZ is more stable. Wouldn't the YFZ be more rider friendly if it more stable? This is where I lean towards the YFZ. I love to get sideways and I don't want a tippy quad. I used to own a Honda 250R, I thought it was very stable, how does the 450R compare to the 250R as far as stability goes? High speed cornering, gettin sideways, off chambers, etc? Also, I never raced my 250R, just trails and playin around. It was an excellant trail quad in my opinion, with a thrilling(2stroke) powerband. How do these two quads compare in this regard? Oh, and if its a "can't go wrong with either bike" situation, then I"ll get the YFZ cause it looks cooler(the white one). Thanks, I can't wait to throw a leg over a quad again someday. And fine job Honda and Yamaha for making another tough decision I have to make.

Barely legal
03-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Trail riding? Are you going to mod it or leave it stock?
"You really can't go wrong." The white YFZ does look sweet huh?

The honda and Yami both seem pretty darned reliable and that is a must for trails riding. I think "E" start can be a plus too.

If you mod, you can make both machines haul. The YFZ will be easier to get a lot of power out if you don't plan on tearing into the motor. For a couple hundred bucks 50 RWHP is right there.

The Honda is nice too but I have not ridden one.

r450rr
03-23-2004, 09:43 PM
yep, both are nice quads. i love my new r. and thats all i am going to say. people that have their yfz's .. love them to, so its just up to you in the end. both good, and both really fast.

and also very predictable and lightweight.

just look em over,, test ride them if u can, and its all up mto u from there.:)

yellowrider
03-24-2004, 05:36 AM
i am going to pick up a pretty blue yfz.. i wanted the white but i dont think i could keep it clean .. i would get lazy and put it up wet if you know what i mean ..

i love the honda and the yamaha.. since i just planning on trail riding and hill climbing i figure the yfz should be the better bike ..

cause the front end stays to the ground for the most part and, has e-start and i heard several different people say the yama has more power.... so thats my reason's for buying a yamaha over a honda.. :devil:

i think both company's did a excellent job on both bikes i never had such a handach in my life trying to figure out which bike i want... my heart is still pounding whether i should get the yfz or not but i am going to ... lol

:D maybe they get a white one today while i am in school

JWhite
03-24-2004, 10:10 AM
They got a YFZ section on this site that will be a good place for you. You can probably get any yfz info you need right there.

Good luck with your YFZ.:D