PDA

View Full Version : Smoke

400exr
03-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Well yesterday as I was warming up my bike and I looked at the exahast and started to see smoke!. On further inspection I noticed it would only smoke when I stabbed the throttle, just before the RPMs picked up and short before they where back to idle. So, I tore into the carb, I took out the 45 pilot jet (I wanted a 40 but my Honda dealer can only get 45s :rolleyes: ) and installed the stock pilot jet, I then also put my dynojet needle and put it from the 3rd notch to the 2nd notch and put the washer under the E clip. I then reinstalled the carb and fired her up, well I let the bike warm up and stabbed the throttle, first it would hesitate and then rev up. so I turned the fuel screw a 1/2 turn out and tried stabbing the throttle again. It still hesitated and the smoke would do the same thing again!. The smoke isn't blue but it's not black either :confused: . What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me!By the way my elevation is 4500 feet above sea level.

ReconRider25
03-23-2004, 01:05 PM
does it do this when its warm or just when its warming up? cuz its normal if its just warming up.

Fuchs42
03-23-2004, 01:53 PM
My atv is on a fresh rebuild and she smokes when she's gittin warm too. Just the motor isnt fully warmed and the metal isn't expanded yet.