PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone cut there back fenders

Duner400ex
03-09-2002, 06:09 PM
I was woundering if anyone cut there back fender or knows anyone who has like this photo.

Jimmah
03-09-2002, 06:17 PM
I have tried....but I only have a hand saw and it is to much work with a hand saw on stock R plastic. I wanted to completely cut the rear flares off for learning to do freestyle tricks. Sometimes when attempting to down tricks my legs get caught up on the fenders. I would assume though these plastics wouldnt be a good choice for trail riding since the rear tires have a lot more bite then the fronts and having my fronts cut i get covered in just about anything that flies off the tires.

03-09-2002, 06:51 PM
I cut mine but not nearly as much in that pic. It looks good cut alittle but I don't really see the purpose to cut it that much.

exriderdude
03-10-2002, 09:26 AM
you could just get low profile plastic, i think thats what that is in the picture

"BLAHH"300!!
03-11-2002, 03:59 PM
....i had a pretty good wreck and was forced to shave my rear's
my right rear was already gone thanx to a freind...then i wrecked and busted the left rear..it was just dangalin' so i had to....their shave all the way off....i left a little wing up by the seat for looks..like some of you guys have on your front fender's....only thing that makes it look "bad" is the battery....and thats about to be eliminated here in a few weeks if i can ever get that lazy freind of mine to help me....were ganna build an alumiairbox and put all the battery stuff in there.....i do plan on replacing the rears sometime in the future....but as for now their ok....i don't go through any mud and when i have to i usually go slow and idle through it anyway.....i think that bike up there looks sharp...looks like he's got some dam.33inch tire's on the front but other than that.....i'd cut mine like that....i'd leave a little in the front side of em' though..just a little coming down