PDA

View Full Version : First Race (Video)

Raptor4439
03-23-2004, 08:25 AM
I had a blast sunday!, my first AMA race. There was only about 7 quads there, 2 raptors, 2 z400s, a 250r, me and a YFZ. In the two motos I came in 4th the first one and in the second moto I didn't finish. the whole story is in the little vid I made, I know it's corny but its my first race, im proud of it :D

tell me if the link doesn't work.
http://www.angelfire.com/ex/raptorpics/First_Race.WMV

Moto92
03-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Great job on the video man. I was scared to death my first race, but it doesnt take long before your addicted.
Nice dismounted at the end... I give you a 7.5

Raptor4439
03-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Thanks man, I was scared as mess too, especially when I seen that YFZ roll up. The first race I placed 4th and the second one I got over my fear and got down to business, thats when I crashed, tried to clear a triple but only cleared 2 1/2 :D had fun catching up to that YFZ though, I was 3rd overall and 1st in my class when I wrecked.

jay's 300
03-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Godd job man (sucks about the crash though)! Nice vid! :D

dirtmomma
03-23-2004, 03:31 PM
That ia an AWEWOME video!!! I can't wait to learn how to make them like that!! Just got a Sony Handycam8 so maybe i"ll learn one of these days!! That track looked FUN!!

AtvMxRider
03-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Good job. I only have one piece os advice for you though. "Stop looking back" lol. Don't worry about who's behind you all that does is slow you down. Concentrate on whats ahead and you will be much better.

Raptor4439
03-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
That ia an AWEWOME video!!! I can't wait to learn how to make them like that!! Just got a Sony Handycam8 so maybe i"ll learn one of these days!! That track looked FUN!!

I have the same camcorder :p

Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Good job. I only have one piece os advice for you though. "Stop looking back" lol. Don't worry about who's behind you all that does is slow you down. Concentrate on whats ahead and you will be much better.

thx, i'll do that next time, I need all the tips I can get :D

AtvMxRider
03-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Raptor4439

thx, i'll do that next time, I need all the tips I can get :D

Anytime, My son has a bad habit of doing that and I'm trying to break him of it. I'm thinking of getting a paintball gun and everytime I see him do it pop his *** in the head when he goes by:devil: .

nofear911
03-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Great job on the video! Nice ridin!

Berry
03-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Raptor4439
thx, i'll do that next time, I need all the tips I can get :D [/B]

thats a really nice video...good job for your first race. i would reccomend giving it alot more throttle coming up too the jumps so you will clear them. dont be afraid of them. also, try leaning into the cornors more, scoot your rear on the side of the seat as far as you can. also, stop looking back. the second it takes for you too look back is a second you could have been gaining on him. keep that in mind. im not nagging you, just pointers, try them it will make you faster. also, get as much ride time as possible, you will start too learn alot of things that i am telling you. they just come natural.

Raptor4439
03-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Berry
thats a really nice video...good job for your first race. i would reccomend giving it alot more throttle coming up too the jumps so you will clear them. dont be afraid of them. also, try leaning into the cornors more, scoot your rear on the side of the seat as far as you can. also, stop looking back. the second it takes for you too look back is a second you could have been gaining on him. keep that in mind. im not nagging you, just pointers, try them it will make you faster. also, get as much ride time as possible, you will start too learn alot of things that i am telling you. they just come natural.

keep em commin :)

KYmxracer52
03-23-2004, 07:44 PM
How do you post videos like that using a camcorder. I have one just about like the one you do. Can you explain the process to me? I have some race footage i'd like to post.

Raptor4439
03-23-2004, 08:13 PM
well you gotta get the video from the camcorder to your computer, then edit it and whatnot, then compress it, I used .WMV format. its pretty good. then upload it to a website, I used www.angelfire.lycos.com you can only host one video at a time though on there.

dirtmomma
03-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Anytime, My son has a bad habit of doing that and I'm trying to break him of it. I'm thinking of getting a paintball gun and everytime I see him do it pop his *** in the head when he goes by:devil: .

LMAO Jerry your funny :p that WOULD be a good way to train him though huh LOL

Yep the lookin back is a bad thing we have a sticker on the blaster that says "Don't look back for a second or thats where you'll finish":devil: I NEVER look back or around me for that matter hahaha I figure they better just get the hell outta my way LMAO:blah:

James Parent
03-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Anytime, My son has a bad habit of doing that and I'm trying to break him of it. I'm thinking of getting a paintball gun and everytime I see him do it pop his *** in the head when he goes by .

evil...

nice host 350kb's a second

QuadJunkies
03-24-2004, 12:43 AM
That was a very cool vid! I too would like to learn heck I have like 20 vids:rolleyes: and cant figure that darn thing out.......:o you should be very proud nothing Corny about that! Congrats to you!!!!

Raptor4439
03-24-2004, 08:19 AM
thanks for all the replies, i'm taking the camcorder out to practice at that same track this sunday to see if I can put some of those tips to use. :D

James Parent
03-24-2004, 09:22 AM
what did you edit it with?

Raptor4439
03-24-2004, 09:00 PM
I did a quick edit with vegas video 3.0. vegas video is easy to learn how to use, mostly drag and drop stuff. If you have ever seen that video of H&K films that I redone, I used a Godsmack song, I spent some more time on that. if you ever need any pointers you can catch me on aim at raptor44339.

4fiddyR
03-25-2004, 07:20 PM
That bike looked pretty much stock, I give ya props for running the way ya did! Congrats on the first! you even got your first tumble behind ya, just go out and enjoy it now!!!:devil:

BeltSlipper
03-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Nice video, Congrats on your first race!!
Something to be proud of! Specially on a basic stock bike.
Something to tell your kids.
Can ya tell I'm old...LOL