PDA

View Full Version : mass power?

lukester720
03-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I'm not saying that this is true or that it is false but check out the dyno sheet in this thread.

www.trx450r.org/index.php?showtopic=37&st=0

MIKE400EX
03-23-2004, 06:54 AM
Put on your waders! Too bad that's a created/fake graph, wish it were so easy.

joe1l
03-23-2004, 07:47 AM
How do you know that graph is fake? I have seen many graphs that look similar to his.

Barely legal
03-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Wow. That would be cool. There are several things that make this hard to believe. The dyno says 72 HP or so yet he said 67 at the wheel. Did he pull the motor to dyno it?
Who has a 500 CC YFZ?
That isn't a lot of mods for that much power.
Are the bikes making that kinda power?

I think that would be more like a 52-55 Hp build.

Alky???

Barely legal
03-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by joe1l
How do you know that graph is fake? I have seen many graphs that look similar to his.

but it's not a dyno printout. Lots of people do post graps like that but they don't come right off the dyno. There is WAYYY too muc power band smoothing included in that to be a reall set of pulls.

schmitthead
03-23-2004, 02:29 PM
[/QUOTE]its smooth because #1 the honda's power is super smooth and #2 its a crank dyno man not a strap down run, you take the chain off and hook a tracking device up to the crankshaft which means no resistance and therfore no choppiness.[/QUOTE]

this is out of the horses mouth. >>>>>450randlracing

schmitthead

MIKE400EX
03-23-2004, 03:39 PM
[but it's not a dyno printout. Lots of people do post graps like that but they don't come right off the dyno. There is WAYYY too muc power band smoothing included in that to be a reall set of pulls.]

You've got it, that's one of the most obvious clue! Crank tests aren't that smooth either. I think the horse is turned around.

nj300exr
03-23-2004, 04:42 PM
did anyone notice that the peak power was at 9500 r's, i dont know much about the 450s, but i doubt the rev limiter lets it wind up past 75 or 8 k, please correct me if i am wrong

schmitthead
03-23-2004, 05:56 PM
its in between 9500 and 9800

joe1l
03-23-2004, 07:24 PM
if a stock crf450 makes 55hp at the crank, then why wouldn't a motor which is similar to the crf, except it has a longer stroker and little smaller piston. Now you mod it by adding 3mm bigger valves a 14.1 compression piston, bigger better carb,different ignition,a race cam, and you think its only going to make 50+hp. I personally think its a nicely worked motor, and i really dont think those number are really far off at all. I also think that the mods he did were not cheap!!! I think almost any power can be achived with an unlimited wallet size!!

razer
03-23-2004, 08:27 PM
He's selling something and the dyno doesn't even look real.

And from I've been seing, the TRX450R motor puts out about 33 hp to the rear wheel, not 50+ like you suggested. I think the CRF450 motor has more horses than the motor they put in their ATV.

He can put all this to rest by scanning in an authentic dyno sheet with all the details - date, name of shop, etc. I'm actually rooting for these numbers to be real. But just like I don't automatically believe manufacturer's hype about their products, I don't believe this guy's claims without a legit dyno sheet.

joe1l
03-23-2004, 09:16 PM
And from I've been seing, the TRX450R motor puts out about 33 hp to the rear wheel, not 50+ like you suggested. I think the CRF450 motor has more horses than the motor they put in their ATV.

if a stock crf450 makes 55hp at the crank ......

If your re-read what I wrote, I said that a CRF motor made 55hp at the crank, not the TRX. He said that he had Duncan do his motor work with the exception of his custom cam. I don't really see what he is selling. I'm the first to call some one's BS but I really don't think his numbers are far fetched, after all for the money he is saying it cost him, it better make 70hp!!

razer
03-24-2004, 12:20 AM
So does he have a CRF450R motor (the motor from their motorcycle) in his Honda or does he have a new TRX450R that has been modified?

I'm not an expert on the CRF4560R motor, but I've read it has more HP stock than the 450 motor they use on their ATV, which has about 33 hp stock.

If this guy is using a CRF motor, and it has 50+ hp at the crank stock, I would agree that his claims of 72 hp at the crank with his mods may be legit. But I didn't see where he pointed this out.

If, he was modifying the TRX450R stock motor, and without a stroker, I doubt his numbers. That's why I'd like to see something that resembles a dyno sheet, not the computer generated graph that was posted.

2004TRX450R
03-24-2004, 02:58 AM
That graph is phony as a 3 dollar bill. Notice the rpm incriments. They go 5, 7, 9, 10, 11. On every graph I've seen they consistantly go in the same incriments. If they didn't the curve would have a very different curve right where the rpms change. He is way off. Total BS. Stock CRF only makes 46.8hp at the wheel. With a full system on it and being jetted will put donw 52. We had one that we did a full micro port job on, had full exhaust system, jetting and race gas and made like 56hp. Unless he forgot to tell us about his turbo there aren't nearly enough mods on there to make that kind of power. The first few extra hp is easy to get but the more you get they come harder and harder. The TRX makes a fair amount less power than the CRF too. I think if I were Duncan I'd cut the guy off from haveing any work done. I wouldn't want my name associated with such BS.

Barely legal
03-24-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by joe1l
if a stock crf450 makes 55hp at the crank, then why wouldn't a motor which is similar to the crf, except it has a longer stroker and little smaller piston. Now you mod it by adding 3mm bigger valves a 14.1 compression piston, bigger better carb,different ignition,a race cam, and you think its only going to make 50+hp. I personally think its a nicely worked motor, and i really dont think those number are really far off at all. I also think that the mods he did were not cheap!!! I think almost any power can be achived with an unlimited wallet size!!

I said at the WHEEL.