PDA

View Full Version : Sparks ignition advance

joshyz125
03-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey, does any body have that flywheel key that advances the ignition in there 400? If so did it make an improvement? Or is it not worth the time of putting it in.

EXDUNER127
03-23-2004, 08:25 AM
I bought one yesterday and installing it today! I heard good reviews about it and my engine builder said they have been selling fast, so i will tell you tomorrow what i noticed and what i think.

400ex4ever
03-23-2004, 08:39 AM
I have one in mine. It doesn't give you any more horsepower but will give you outstanding throttle response. It is well worth the money.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by 400ex4ever
I have one in mine. It doesn't give you any more horsepower but will give you outstanding throttle response. It is well worth the money.

dito :)

cals400ex
03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
yep, good for throttle response. let me know if you want one. i have one forsale.

EXDUNER127
03-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Well worth the 20 bucks....

i installed mine last night and it gave you better throttle respose that you could feel and like. not hard to do, just take your time and i was able to use the old gasket cause it was still good.

while i was installing it at my buddy shop..
(Kenz cycle tech in mesa az).... another friend who has the fastest 400ex i have seen at glamis, was there and we got talking and he just upgraded to the fcr41 carb, and offered me his fcr39 and wb rev box used for three dune trips both for 300 bucks, so i snagged the offer to save the $250 and put that on too. wow i couldnt believe the difference it made and i have a stock motor. so ken is gonna port my head for me. and then it should really rip.

how many hp do you guys think the carb gives?

cals400ex
03-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by EXDUNER127
Well worth the 20 bucks....

i installed mine last night and it gave you better throttle respose that you could feel and like. not hard to do, just take your time and i was able to use the old gasket cause it was still good.

while i was installing it at my buddy shop..
(Kenz cycle tech in mesa az).... another friend who has the fastest 400ex i have seen at glamis, was there and we got talking and he just upgraded to the fcr41 carb, and offered me his fcr39 and wb rev box used for three dune trips both for 300 bucks, so i snagged the offer to save the $250 and put that on too. wow i couldnt believe the difference it made and i have a stock motor. so ken is gonna port my head for me. and then it should really rip.

how many hp do you guys think the carb gives?

is that friend a member on this site?

EXDUNER127
03-24-2004, 12:32 PM
nah, he is just a new friend to our group that we met through ken, and he is a really cool guy. he has a full race 440, and it isnt even stroked , hes got the web cam, hard rockers, big bore piston, fcr41, msd ignition, full race port & polish, oversized valves, etc. the works. ken builds fast bikes, he was second to sparks racing last year at 4 stroke wars.