PDA

View Full Version : yfz

yellowrider
03-22-2004, 08:06 PM
i'm getting one this weekend at Abernathy's in Tenn.

is there any cons and getting one so far away from me..

they are asking 5999.00

i ask them if i had to pay tax they said no

acturally they asked me what state i lived in then they said no.. but i own 10 acres anyways..

so this saturday i am gonna pick up the yfz also in the advertisment they are saling the 450rs for 5999.00
but told me on the phone 5899.00

anyone bought there 4 wheeler there..

he said 5999.00 otd i hate to drive up there and they try to throw more prices ... just wanted to be sure

im so excited i hope they have limited edition

beak7707
03-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Just call them and tell them you are driving however far for are, and your only bringing how much they are asking. We have a couple dealers around here that offer some sweet deals, and I have always heard what they say is what they go for. Sounds like a good deal I'd go for it.

03-22-2004, 09:26 PM
id try to find a used one for alot cheaper but thats just me

yellowrider
03-23-2004, 04:45 AM
everyone i know with a used one wants around 6,000 for it cause they got around 7,000:confused:

trueblue450
03-23-2004, 09:40 AM
if you ever register the quad in your state you have to pay the taxes :eek:

yellowrider
03-23-2004, 05:59 PM
today is tuesday, and i have several options for tomorrow

i can get a honda 450 for under 6000.00 at a place

or i can get a yfz with a six month warranty for 6200

locally

cause the place in tenn. is 4 hours away so you figure around 50.00 on gas and thats not counting eating and buying drinks

so thats about 6100.00 and i still have to wait till saturday ...

or i can pay the extra 100.00 and ride the f8907yk out of it all day saturday if i buy it tomorrow for 100.00 more

or i can get the 450r and get it for what they are asking for it in tenn..

i really like the 450r but i read and sorta felt a difference in it..

if it only had e-start just imagine fliping down a hill and it get flooded or something....

what do you think i should do

i like the honda but i like the yamaha and it has more power and electric start .. help me

5valves
03-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Thats probably is a choice you are going to have to make.
I have a YFZ and love it. I also have 250ex that my son rides, and its a great bike. I am sure both bikes are great. In most cases its not the bike but the rider, so go with what feals good to you.
For me If you have a dealer closer to home that will work with you on parts, I would go that way. A great local dealer cant be beat.
Good luck

seatec
03-23-2004, 08:42 PM
They are both great Quads but the fact of the matter is that the YFZ has e-start and that makes a big difference to me. i know some are going to give you the lame "Real Racers kick start" BS but thats for you to decide. I am sure that BIll Balance is a real racer and he has the e-start.i can tell you this, last sunday i was stuck on a steep hill and had to lock both front and rear brakes to prevent me from sliding down the hill. Without the e start i wouldve been in trouble. The yfz are also kicking ***** taking names like they did in steel creek and in the GNC races. i think that proves that the yfz is every bit as good as the 450R if not better. ride them both and make up your own mind.

yellowrider
03-23-2004, 08:53 PM
ok thanks so you thank i should pay 6200.00 otd tomorrow??
when i could wait till sunday and get it for 5999.00 in tenn.

both of the bikes feel pretty good to me the honda feels a little better while siting .. but moving the yfz feels better its hard to explain... lol

zgaddy
03-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Abernathys has true prices they dont tack on other bs charges like some dealers do. I got mine for 6100otd but im in southeast Mo and i bought mine in Illinois if i wouldnt have got that deal then I prolly would have drove to abernathys to get it. I'd wait and get it from Abernathys

seatec
03-24-2004, 05:46 AM
yellow rider. you said it yourself. if you wait and drive down for the 5999 you pay 50 for gas and you have to eat in a restaurant or something. with the 6200 you supporting your local dealer and create good will when you have a problem. I'd say go local.