PDA

View Full Version : Sidewinder VS. Renthal

hondafreestyler
03-22-2004, 07:45 PM
What do you guys think about sidewinder sprockets? ... worth the extra coin ...

How does Renthal compare??

I was planning on going with sidewinder but im starting to run out of money with everything else I did ...

03-22-2004, 09:19 PM
RENTHAL....they will last just as long if not longer & you dont have to spend $100 on a front sprocket

Bean
03-22-2004, 10:10 PM
sidewinder hands down, this is my personal experiance with renthal, and it was in sand, and this does effect the outcome, but anyway, i had a 36 tooth ALUMINUM sproket from Renthal and my R ripped the teeth right off of it, now this could have been because of sand, and sand eats aluminum sprokets on decent motored bikes like fat kids eat cake, so take it for what it is worth

shamisc
03-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Sidewinder . Common sense will tell you if you use a harder material it will last longer! Renthal only uses carbon steel and aluminum. Sidewinder make sprockets out of tool steel, stainless, and Ti-Moly. It's so hard they have to use lasers to cut them! I have had my Ti-Moly rear for over 2 years now and the chain has not even wore the coating off the teeth yet. It still looks new! Even big a big motor on it!:macho

cummingetit
03-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
RENTHAL....they will last just as long if not longer & you dont have to spend $100 on a front sprocket

Who let this guy in here? Get a Clue Jumbo.

If you only want to buy one set go with sidewinder. I really like mine, the only thing I have to do is clean and lube, almost never adjust.

hondafreestyler
03-24-2004, 01:27 PM
ok great ...

What sidewinders did u guys go with??
what chain did u go with ..

what did you pay?

And also ... do any of you use thier chain lube? ... Does it really NOT fly off and really NOT get gummy and attract dirt??

03-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by cummingetit
Who let this guy in here? Get a Clue Jumbo.
:rolleyes:

03-24-2004, 03:04 PM
I run WB talon sprockets. I get both sprockets and DID P-ring chain for around $100

You should replace your entire setup every year anyway or even twice a year. Sidewinders are so expensive because they have a bazzilion adds everywere and their just as good as any sprocket I think. I've run sidewinder, renthal, sunstar, stock, WB and they all are equal I think.:cool:

mcmike
03-24-2004, 03:55 PM
I went through my Sidewinder carbon front, and whatever material back sprockets with a new X-ring chain in about 6 XC races on my 400ex. Went back to the DID atv chain and Sunstar sprockets, lasted all last season. Using new ones this year.

hondafreestyler
03-24-2004, 05:00 PM
i guess its all preference ...

Rico ... how did u like Renthal?

And what sidewinders did u guys use? ... how much u guys pay for everything

Out_Sider
03-24-2004, 07:16 PM
i only buy cheap stuff. lol. JT sprockets and DID non o ring chain..but granted, i replace them alot and i only do mx, so that does play a factor

jonc623
03-24-2004, 09:08 PM
i would not give a plug nickle for a whole truck load of sidewider sprockets i was sponsored by them a few years back when they came out with the stainless steel undestrucible rear sprocket lasted 3 miles in a xc race and i had not even got to any rough stuff at all so i guess it is opinion but i run moose xring and sunstar now