PDA

View Full Version : houser lt a arms and axis

blasterkid
03-22-2004, 07:15 PM
any one have any pics of this setup becuse i have it and i want to see how others have there ride hight setup. Any pics you have will help thanks a lot.

Mike

K_Fulk
03-22-2004, 07:57 PM
My buddies houser axis frontend.

blasterkid
03-22-2004, 09:47 PM
any more pics

K_Fulk
03-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Here is one in motion if it helps.

03-23-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by blasterkid
any one have any pics of this setup becuse i have it and i want to see how others have there ride hight setup. Any pics you have will help thanks a lot.

Mike

Contact houser and ask him. He should know, AXIS should also know what your ride hieght should be in your riding environment. Looking at someone else's doesn't get you anywere. There's a recommended hieght it should be set at with you sitting on the quad.:cool:

SnellCRP
03-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by blasterkid

Mike

As a general rule of thumb, the race sag dimension should be about one-third of the maximum travel. Your bike should be at normal racing weight, including fuel and engine oil, and wear all your gear.

Put the bike on a stand and measure the distance between a fixed point on the axle and one on the chassis somewhere.
Then get on the bike (all gear etc) and have a friend measure the distance between the same two marks that you measured when the bike was on the stand.
Subtract the two numbers and thats your race sag. Try to start at about 1/3 of the max travel and adjust to your personal preference from there. ;)

QuadRacer041
03-24-2004, 03:31 PM
my xc bike

when axis set up the shocks they probably set it up for u.