PDA

View Full Version : need u guy's help again please!

westcoastmxer
03-22-2004, 06:48 PM
hey guys the 300 would start fine after i made the clip one clip leaner on the jet needle..but now it wont start again and the plugs floodin again..and i could light the plug w/a lighter and put it bak in and it would start fine that whole day but the next day(today) it wont start again..please help!

beak7707
03-22-2004, 09:29 PM
what all have you changed in the carb. The pilot jet is what controls starting and idle. On the 300's you don't usually have to mess with the needle. Tell me what mods you have and what jets you are running now, and I'll try to help you out.

westcoastmxer
03-23-2004, 09:53 PM
hey man im runnin a tc racing exhaust and im runnin a 132 main jet and havent done anything to the pilot jet..wut do i need?:confused: ..thanx ben(really need the help i got a race soon)

cals400ex
03-24-2004, 12:23 PM
the needle CLIP needs to be in the stock position or one down from stock. i think the main sounds pretty good. when starting the bike don't give it so much gas. you should also probably try to increase the pilot jet to a 40 or 42. i would just hit the throttle a few times before starting it. turn the choke on full and then hit the start button. don't keep giving it gas or you will probablly flood it. also, aftermarket ignitions can make the bike hard to start. i don't know if you have one or not. i would just get a new plug while your at it.