PDA

View Full Version : Who alls been to Silver LAke sand dunes in michigan

NTPRacing#19
03-22-2004, 05:39 PM
me and NTP22 are planning a trip to some dunes, i think Silver Lake sand dunes is a choice we are considering since we only want to drive about 12 hrs.

anyone with some info about the area let us know and post it here!

300exQuadracer
03-22-2004, 08:07 PM
well buddy wrong forum, but i`ll help ya out, its a nice area to ride and the rangers dont do much as long as you follow the rules, you need to show up early and get a brochure to ride for the day, look in where to ride forums there is tons of info there do a search

Jnine
03-22-2004, 10:40 PM
It is a fun place to ride, and the whole area is a nice place to go and relax. It's a small town, but is very alive in the summer. We like to go and camp the night before at one of the local camp grounds, and then head over to the dunes the next day. We also usually take the jet skis out on Lake Michigan so we can play in the water a little also. Typical northwoods camping and resort stuff.

JA

ckasper18
03-23-2004, 07:01 AM
I get my way over there two or three times a year nice little place to ride just make sure your quad has spark arrester and is not to loud for they will check you.If you bring kids they must have safety certifacate to ride the dunes.............Chris

NTPRacing#19
03-23-2004, 04:59 PM
so my Sparks x-6 exhuast wont be legal then :devil: haha SHUCKS!

400rednEX
03-25-2004, 07:58 PM
there's some nice berm turn woods trails and small bowls around trees that are fun too.

DuneAholic310R
03-26-2004, 12:01 PM
http://www.silverlakesanddunes.com/

DuneAholic310R
03-26-2004, 12:03 PM
What I found that worked last year w/ sound is if you have a truck go in w/ it in the back of your truck and go park and unload it they never tested me just make sure you bring gas and everything you need for the day so you dont have to leave n try to get back in the other thing about that that sucks also is you have to buy an orv for your truck also but it worked

witti
03-27-2004, 06:43 PM
By watching the DNR it seemed like they mostly checked the loud ones that were reving their engines as they pulled up to the booth. I idled up to the entrance 1 time ant the DNR chick told me to pull off to the side. They tested my Z and it was only 94db. They will let you in if your under 100db.