PDA

View Full Version : Shocks A-arms or Engine

James Parent
03-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Hey this is my first season racing MX.. i was wondering.. ( prob next season) what is going to be the best to get in the future to get faster lap times

Either front shocks
A-arms
Wider rear axle
Rear shock

or engine work 416.. cam..

I have a 400ex now Full exhaust, jet kit K&n+outerwears

Basically whats going to be the best next thing to get, and also not kill my pocket

cheetah
03-22-2004, 05:46 PM
well suspension should always come first. get yourself a good set of shocks and you'll be thankful in the long run. first be able to let your suspension handle the stock motor then mod it because your stock shocks aren't letting you push your motor to its limits yet.

Pappy
03-22-2004, 05:47 PM
shocks

03-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
shocks

Berry
03-22-2004, 06:21 PM
shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,s hocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,sh ocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,sho cks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shoc ks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shock s,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks ,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks,shocks! !!!! NEVER do engine over handling! you cant go fast if you cant handle your bike!

redroost85
03-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Berry hit the nail on the head. All the motor in the world ain't gonna be worth a chit if you can't handle it. You will be amazed what some extended arms and some aftermarket shocks will do for you. It will feel like your motor has been modded!:devil:

Tommy 17
03-22-2004, 07:38 PM
i made the mistake of gettin motor work first... it didn't help me out nearly as much as when i got my elka fronts...

James Parent
03-22-2004, 08:10 PM
so basically everyone get elka's then? a lot of people on here have

Cole Trane
03-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Elkas are great shocks, but you have many different options. You can buy works triple rate no rezzies and get them revalved by santo de risi. TCS are pretty good shocks, a little cheaper than the elkas. Do a some research to figure out what shocks are best for your riding style. Good Luck!!