PDA

View Full Version : Help A.s.a.p.

EX_RIDER
03-09-2002, 11:58 AM
I just got my quad motor together and have some problems.It is not running.It seems to be sucking air in the exhaust and exhaust is blow out the intake ?What is wrong?Do i got something wrong!!\\

What was that little godl cloro pin below the cam that was like 1/5 long and kinda drops in the cylinder head.I put it back in?

PLEASE ANY HELP WILL HELP ME OUT!!

I will be waiting by here
thanxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

exriderdude
03-09-2002, 12:09 PM
:huh :confused:

400exdad
03-09-2002, 12:11 PM
It sounds you've got your cam 180 degrees out.

EX_RIDER
03-09-2002, 12:21 PM
Thanxs

I am going out in like 10 mins to try it again!!!

400exdad
03-09-2002, 12:27 PM
I guess I'm bored.... I scanned in my book for you. Here's the link... Its loading now, hopefully it will be there before you click on the link here.http://members.aol.com/sportgatv/Matt/camsetup.jpg

"BLAHH"300!!
03-09-2002, 12:48 PM
..hey i've seen you on the site before, but i never noticed you were in mississippi. i'm in vicksburg,where are you. maybe we can ride if your not too far away..

330EXman
03-09-2002, 01:21 PM
hey man when you go back in make sure your piston is at TDC(Top Dead Center) it should also be done like this,

take too plugs out of side case
turn one full turn then go again till the notch in the fly wheel lines up with the one in the plug hole. (this procedure will put the piston at the TDC of the intake stroke.
not take the cylynder covor off and make sure your timing is on,
also your cam lobes should be facing down.

the reason why you re suckin in air through the muffler adn pushin out the ait intake is cause you have the lobes facing the exact oppisate this will open the exhaust valves on the intAKE stroke, and then open the intake valves on the compression stroke.

i couldnt explaine this to good but when you have the piston at TDC the lobes should be facing down.

if you dont know what TDC is then i would let someone else do it that knows what they are doing.

later man and good luck JAY

400exdad
03-09-2002, 01:49 PM
EX-CITING 300,

Yeah, I've been reading your posts too about riding at the river. We live just outside of Memphis, so it's a pretty good haul to Vicksburg. Sounds like you guys have some good places to ride.