PDA

View Full Version : Removing oil bottle E Ton 90

Pappy
03-22-2004, 12:35 PM
I will need to remove the oil tank and mix the fuel when i install the aftermarket pipe on out 90. does anyone know if i need to do anything special like on a blaster or can i just block off the lines and remove the tank?

phaster
03-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Go to www.miniatvs.com there is a whole section on this

QuadJunkies
03-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
I will need to remove the oil tank and mix the fuel when i install the aftermarket pipe on out 90. does anyone know if i need to do anything special like on a blaster or can i just block off the lines and remove the tank? Did you find the info you needed???

Pappy
03-23-2004, 06:30 AM
not yet

QuadJunkies
03-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
not yet Ill get the info From Troy for you tonight and post it , I think he had to do this also with the Kasea....;)

QuadJunkies
03-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Pull the gear off the oil pump(c- clip) so its not moving...Block hole to Carb,where the oil line went to.We used JB weld and its worked fine, you may also be able to Weld...Did you find all the Restrictors??? Hope this helps some........;)

phaster
03-24-2004, 07:45 PM
This is from miniatvs.com hope it helps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, you want to remove the oil injection for better engine performance and/or you need it removed to fit a performance pipe.

There are three generally accepted methods to accomplish this task.

1. A quick "see if you like it" approach if you are not installing a pipe --
Remove the small 3/16" oil tube from the carb. Cap the hose barb on the carb with a rubber cap or cut about 3/4" of the 3/16 tubing and plug it with a BB or other small round object. Use this piece as the cap to plug the hose barb.
Get about 3' of 3/16 vac hose from a local auto parts house. Push the one end of the hose you removed from the carb into the vac hose about 1.5" or farther.
Route the vac hose up to the oil injection tank. Poke a hole in the oil take rubber cap using a screw driver or similiar object. Push the vac hose into the rubber cap about 2". Reinstall the rubber cap and make sure there is at least 1/2 a tank of injector oil to recirculate.

This method allows you to easily convert back to injector oil if you plan on selling the ATV or if you are stuck in the woods without mix oil. Simply place the line back on the carb.

This method will allow you to now mix oil and fuel in the gas tank. I recommend a 32:1 ratio using and 2 stroke oil that contains ash. Don't use oils designed for water cooled engines!

If thumb throttle pressure is objectionable, you can remove the fan cover on the right side of the engine to expose the oil injector pump. It is located near the lower front of the flywheel. Carefully look how the bell crank return spring is wound and mounted. If you are careful, you can hook the spring mounts onto different locations and greatly reduce the total spring tension to the thumb throttle.

2. Remove the oil injector tank. Plug the hose barb on the carb with a rubber cap or use a hot soldering iron to soldier seal the hose barb.
Remove the fan cover on the right side of the engine.
Pull the flywheel using the correct threaded puller. If one is not available (note: most models except for Kasea, use a standard Yamaha magneto puller available at Yamaha for about 20 bucks) try a two or three bolt puller (steering wheel type). Be careful not to thread the puller bolts too far into the mag. You will damage the stator!
If it does not pop off, tap the puller main bolt with a hammer to help break the mount free.
Remove the two screws that hold the stator to the engine and tip the stator away. Carefully remove the stator gasket. Remove the clip that holds the plastic drive gear to the crank. Pull the drive gear. Locate and remove the drive pin from the crank.
Reinstall the gasket, stator and flywheel.
At this point, you can reduce pump spring tension as described above, eliminate the cable completely by using a single cable conversion and/or remove the injector pump. Note: You really don't need to cover the injector pump hole but if you do, a simple brass freeze plug from the auto parts store will do the job for about a buck.
3. Another method that can be used with the above method or alone requires the removal of the pump.
In most cases, you can simply remove the two mount screws and pull the pump out. Some engines, you will find that the pump will hit the cylinder as you try to pull it clear. In this case, the cylinder will need to be raised slightly to remove the pump.