PDA

View Full Version : Camando Mini quad ? from Pep Boys

greghall
03-22-2004, 11:10 AM
Any body have or knows if these quads from pep boys any good ?Who makes them? Its a 90cc .

Pappy
03-22-2004, 11:11 AM
alot of the off brand minis are ok, but the biggest issue is finding parts for them

greghall
03-22-2004, 12:20 PM
I just what to know if its junk or not I want a TRX 90 for my kid but this bike is $899 thanks Pappy for the info,By the way are the bikes that your kids have Kasea'? How are they?

Pappy
03-22-2004, 12:30 PM
we have an E Ton 90 Viper , LT80 and an Alpha Sport 50.

The E Ton is an impressive quad and has so far withstood the punishment my boy gives it.

The Alpha sport is basically a Kasea sold under the Alpha name. Its a great quad also.

The LT80 i havent been impressed with.

If i was to buy a mini today it would be a coin toss between the ETon and the Kasea

phaster
03-22-2004, 07:21 PM
In our local pep boys these are called "Pantera's" They look ok. Suspension could be alittle better. I personally would spend the few extra dollars and get something a little more proven. Parts are not as hard as some seem to think. There are mini atv parts guys all over the forums...and they can hook you up with just about anything you need.

Look into the Viper, Kasea(aka:LXR), Predator 90, Drr, Dinli and the alpha sports. These are all good bikes. Every quad will have it's good and bads. Just pick the one's you can live with.

We got a predator and we love it. No major problems to complain about.

Goodluck

Pappy,
I thought the predator 90 was made by the same company as the Alpha? AEON, if I recall Kasea(LXR) is made by SMC.

jpconard
03-31-2004, 12:07 PM
If you are still interested in the details -

We picked up one on Sat., they offered to assemble it, but we decided to do it. It was in a steel reinforced crate with pallet.

It has a cloned Honda 90cc engine with electric start, no back-up kick or pull start. It has 3 gears plus reverse. It has drum brakes in front, hydraulic disk brake in the back. 19-7x8 tires on all 4 with back having slightly different tread design. It has a headlight (with low & high beam) and taillight/brakelight. The parking brake can be set on either lever (front or back or both if desired). It has keyed ignition as well as emergency kill switch (which has to be reset by pressing in before it can be re-started).

It has floorboards (they are mounted somewhat low) but no foot brake lever. The shifter has the strange looking heal (upshift) but it works good. The boy is getting the hang of using it rather than pulling up on the shifter with his hand. The gears are backwards, toe press down to go from neutral to first, second, then third. Reverse is a shift up from neutral (or heal shift down) when pulling a knob up on the dash. The choke lever is mounted on the handlebars. The little dash has indicator lights for each gear (plus the reverse knob).

Carb brand is not the normal japenese carbs, airbox is same as XR50.

The headlight moves with the handlebars as appears rather bulky but the light works well.

It has chain drive, appears to be a 520 chain with 14 tooth front, 38 tooth rear.

The motor appearance is nice, with good finish and chrome accent pieces.

It runs good, but doesn't pull my weight up a slight grade in front of the house, will pull be in first & second (third on flat). I am roughly 200 lbs.

Suspension is stiff, especially the front, but appears to be breaking in a little. Back shock as adjustable spring, but lowest setting is still fairly stiff. Single A-arm front setup.

The boy hasn't ridden it too much but loves it so far. We plan to try some trails, more open space (than our yard), this weekend.

I think the MFG. may be www.zymotor.com but I am not for sure. They have some models with the same plastic, but different displacements, etc.

Other MFG. with the similar 4-stroke Honda copy engine are Bombardier, and DRR, as well as Honda (but not electric start).

MattinAZ
04-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Maybe a little late but...check out
http://www.kpxmotors.com/atv.html
http://cycles4all.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28&osCsid=a2c24c5347e01ad36ffe93167ac1c624
http://www.spider-racing.com/atv100.html
http://www.anythingatv.com/Kids_ATVs/Questpowersports/Maxfine_MX100_Kids_ATVs.htm
http://www.xtrememotorco.com/atvtan100.shtml
http://www.vento-motorcycles.com/english/atvs.asp

Cut and paste these into your browser.
All of these quads are the same except I
cannot be 100% on the xtreme. They are
made in China by QJ and are the exact same 90 I bought at pepboys. Not the Pantera but the 2 stroke 90. I bought the Vento Avalanche 90. My boy put 4
straight hours on it the first day, no prob. I removed the oil injection and will be widening it with new alum rims. So far so good.
Matt

Johnny & Monica
04-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Stick with the trx90 plan.They`re easy to get parts for they have alot of different motor kit`s all the way to a 125 stroker We`re running a 107 with a cam an bigger carb on one an a powerroll 95cc kit on the other.You can really make those thing`s scoote there`s aftermarket shock`s for them a-arm`s an swing arms out there too.The only bad deal is the pull start. Ride red!!!!

phaster1
04-26-2004, 10:05 PM
UPDATE:

A friend of ours got the Kazuma/zebra 100cc...The bike has been great so far. The engine looks to be a honda clone so parts have got to be interchangable. Frame looks alot like the lt80. Shifting is as you say for yours, headlight is the same also. I have got to say that thing has some BALLZ. It would benifit the most by widening it some. Rear suspension looks to be like a pogo stick(Straight up and down). It seems to built tough. An adult was riding it and hit a parked car(at a good speed) and only broke the fender and the front bumper. VERY CHEAP fix.

I think the PEP BOYZ brand are the same maybe with only the body being the difference in all these brands.

Either way for the money you can't go wrong for a first time quad. If your kid doesn't like you won't loose a hell of alot of $$$$.

Just my .02