PDA

View Full Version : Drag racing at Little Sahara

jf265
03-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Just thought I would let you all know how the 450r did this weekend at little sahara. My buddy did most of the riding at the strip he could lauch it better then me. The 450r's there faired pretty well. It all come down to the launch. My buddy beat alot of yfz 450s, raptors, and even some banshees. He also lost when the darn thing would come up at the start. I was running sand stars and I think it would hook up better if I had haulers on it. Would just have to sit on the handlbars to keep it down.
There was one yfz 450 there that was amazing fast Im not sure what he was running but it was unreal. I talked to a guy that said his brother was there on a yfz running alcahol. It might have been him.
Over all im happy with the bike. It was a blast to ride in the sand. I did go down to a 13 tooth front sprocket and it still needs some carb ajustment.
Oh yea and that placed was packed this weekend.

twisted threads
03-22-2004, 02:10 PM
how does your 450r do vs. your Predator??

2qk4u
03-22-2004, 10:21 PM
jf265,

what day were you there? i was there on sunday and was drag racing a good bit and never got beat once by a 450r. not to say you was one of them or anything. yeh that place was really packed. we got real lucky and got a camping spot. wasnt a big fan of the strip this weekend especially on the right side because it was real washboardy about half way down. so i moved to the far left and it was alot better. its a blast everytime we go there.

Barely legal
03-23-2004, 02:14 PM
You must have been the super fast YFZ with..... cam mod and exhaust. :devil:

bugs415
03-24-2004, 05:55 PM
I had a friend that was there and he knew the guy that had the yfz he said it was now a 505 running nitro and some other goodies.......

generalg
03-24-2004, 10:03 PM
jf265, I bet that it was my buddy 2qk4u that was one of the fastest YFZ's at LS on Sunday. I got a chance to ride the YFZ and now I'm hooked! Even with my big tall heavy butt (225lbs) I was beating piped Banshees and 450R's with 2qk4u's YFZ!

jf265
03-26-2004, 09:38 AM
We didnt race any on sunday. Just rode for a little bit before we headed out. Had a long drive back to missouri. Yea there were some fast yfz's out there. They are a great bike. I just happen to prefer honda's. I was surprised to see as many 450r's out there all ready. I think the yfz will be a faster overall bike but we dont know all the tricks yet for our 450r's yet. Its going to be fun.
My predator cant match up with the 450r. I saw a pred with yellow plastic out sat that was real fast. He could compete with quite a few bikes out there. Im going to try and sell the predator. I have no use for two bikes. If you know anybody that would like one let me know.