PDA

View Full Version : outerwaars

riverex
03-22-2004, 08:27 AM
be careful where you buy one. I had mine for about a year and took it out to clean it and noticed it was getting a rip in it. I leaving for little sahara in 2 days so just went to my local dealer to get one. (curry bros.) they charged me $26.99 for a new one. Rocky mountain atv has them for $10.99 i got screwed.

hondarider2006
03-23-2004, 09:40 AM
cut the 2 little tabs out on the bottom of the airbox, it won't rip anymore:)

GoOn3
03-23-2004, 10:02 AM
cutting the tabs is a good idea. You can also use panty hose for emergency, or just buy one at LS. They sell 'em for $20 or something like that. the dealer is the absolute worst place to buy anything except a bike.

maxthrottle
04-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Outerwear on a K&N air filter is more trouble than it is worth.
It doesn't take much dirt or water and the air intake will be so clogged your engine will get a blurbulling sound and you will get a noticeable decrease in power.
If you have one...THROW IT AWAY!
If you don't have one, don't get one!

hondarider2006
04-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by maxthrottle
It doesn't take much dirt or water and the air intake will be so clogged your engine will get a blurbulling sound and you will get a noticeable decrease in power.
If you have one...THROW IT AWAY!
If you don't have one, don't get one!

Mine does just fine and I have outwear on mine:huh

speedy
04-05-2004, 12:52 PM
I have a problem with my airfilter getting wet cause i have the lid off and i was wanting to no if the Outwears filter covers can keep the filter from getting soaked ??

EXDuner
04-05-2004, 01:23 PM
The Outerwears does help the filter from getting wet, but it won't keep out all the water. Mine feels a little oily and I didn't oil it so maybe that's why. I have several Outerwears because I would rather clean one of those than clean the filter when I am out camping. When mine gets real dusty the motor does bog so I will either take it off then or put on a spare. Good tip about cutting the plastic tabs. I need to do that.

James Parent
04-12-2004, 07:41 PM

nah, all my water bounces off mine

i say use them

EXDuner
04-12-2004, 11:56 PM
I am not so sure anymore.....took my 400EX in for a head gasket....they found dirt had been in the motor.....not to mention my IMS cam and the rockers are toasted not because of dirt I don't really know why.....getting the stage 2 cam installed and new rockers tomorrow and I have yet to see how bad the dirt f*#$ed things up.:mad:

tstrenuous10
05-03-2004, 07:07 PM
i saw someone say to throw away their outerwears and another say they had a couple. ya know what.....if yant to ill pay for the shipping and buy it off you for a couple bucks. support each other, help a poor boy survive, keep the dream alive and help a ninja out.

ewalker302
05-03-2004, 08:44 PM
get a uni

:bandit:

IL400EX
05-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Tossed my K&N, yes it traps dirt and lets more air in, but it lets sandy particals pass through. I replaced mine with a UNI. I also just bought an airbox lid with a OUTERWEARS installed in the lid(www.ehsracing.com). Haven't had it long enough to give any feedback. This is really one trick lid. The cost was $62.00. I ride XC so I'll let you know how it holds up.

tstrenuous10
05-04-2004, 04:48 PM
tossed.....like you threw it in the trash or just took it off your bike? cuz if you still have it around then ill take the outerwear you got. im lookin into one of those lids but i gotta wait about a month till i get some things paid for.