PDA

View Full Version : little sahara last weekend?

honduh440
03-21-2004, 10:57 PM
anyone ride at little sahara last weekend "19-21" their was a yfz450 out their kickin everyones ***** i was just wondering if anyone knew what he had done to it

zephead400ex
03-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Was it white with a red HMF exhaust?

Man there were a lot of people there this weekend!

jf265
03-22-2004, 09:16 AM
I talked to a kid that said his brother was dragging a yfz 450 running alcahol. Also that was his dad dragging the really fast ds650. It was bored out in the 700's.
And boy was it packed i dont know if you could have found somebody if you had wanted to. It was alot of fun though sat was a little windy

honduh440
03-22-2004, 09:36 AM
yea it was white with hmf exhaust and also had a k and k graphix kit. it was really crowded but i didnt think it was that bad out on the dunes. the jumps sucked all weekend i thank we found 2 that were ok but you couldnt go any bigger then 40-50 feet

honduh440
03-22-2004, 09:37 AM
hey zep i was ridding the 400ex with the white maier plastics with nothing at all on them i thank we lined it up once or twice do you remember at all?

zephead400ex
03-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
yea it was white with hmf exhaust and also had a k and k graphix kit. it was really crowded but i didnt think it was that bad out on the dunes. the jumps sucked all weekend i thank we found 2 that were ok but you couldnt go any bigger then 40-50 feet

That yfz was badass! They actually camped right next to us, and man that was a sweet bike. All he has done to it is a new cam and exhaust. They are with Finley Motorsports in Weahterford, OK. They also had a Z400 that was badass too and sounded mean, not totally sure what was all done to it. Those guys were really cool too!

There were 2 DS650's that were smokin' everyone. There was a black DS that had a NOS system on it. There was an orange DS that some blonde haired dude was running that was kicking everyone's ***!(sad I know what color his hair was...:rolleyes:

00Banshee
03-22-2004, 10:27 AM
it sure was windy but alot of fun. I only lost one race saturday and that was when I jumped over with the full on drag banshees racing on the other side. Now those guys were fast. I do have to say the 4 strokes out number the 2 strokes 10 to 1 at the dunes now. Wish I could have met some of you guys, just too damn packed down there to recognize anyone's bike.

zephead400ex
03-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 00Banshee
it sure was windy but alot of fun. I only lost one race saturday and that was when I jumped over with the full on drag banshees racing on the other side. Now those guys were fast. I do have to say the 4 strokes out number the 2 strokes 10 to 1 at the dunes now. Wish I could have met some of you guys, just too damn packed down there to recognize anyone's bike.

That ain't no ****! Too many people to recognize anyone! There were a lot of YFZ's, I couldn't believe how many there were. One kid that parked next to us had a 450r. That thing was sweet! I want one:blah:

Honduh440: was it on Friday? If so I think I do remember you. I wanted to line up against some other 400's but everyone must have been scared of the Zep shirt...:rolleyes: :D

Bad Habit
03-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by jf265
I talked to a kid that said his brother was dragging a yfz 450 running alcahol. Also that was his dad dragging the really fast ds650. It was bored out in the 700's.
And boy was it packed i dont know if you could have found somebody if you had wanted to. It was alot of fun though sat was a little windy

That sounds like the guy that I camped next to at last falls Sand Fest. I can't remember his name but he owns a car dealership in southeast OK somewhere. At that time, the YFZ had a prototype Ron Woods pipe, intake tube and cams. He wasn't able to get it running right on alky on that trip, but it was pretty damn fast on race gas. If he got it dialed in with the funny fuel, I'm sure it was laying the smack down on several people. His DS is also on alky and can whoop up on most anything out there. He was beating built Raptor's on juice.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, did his youngest boy and wife ride a black/white raptor and a V-Force with a tach on the front of it? If so, the blond haired guy (his oldest boy) also had a 465EX on alky that wasn't too shabby in it's own right.

mrnate400ex
03-22-2004, 08:47 PM
yeah there were a lot of people there, but we had a bad start to our trip. first off, we didn't get gone until about 2 hours after i had wanted to. then, we got about 15 miles outside of waynoka, and my brothers driveshaft broke on his truck that was pulling the camper. so then we were running really late. then the next day i noticed that i bent a rim on my new itp sandstars and rims that i got from jims sand toys. oh well, the trip ended up to be pretty good. we just got home today, and boy did everyone clear out of there on sunday morning. it was pretty nice to not have to run the generator to get a little light in the camper, or heat for that matter.

mrnate400ex
03-22-2004, 09:03 PM
yeah there were a lot of people there, but we had a bad start to our trip. first off, we didn't get gone until about 2 hours after i had wanted to. then, we got about 15 miles outside of waynoka, and my brothers driveshaft broke on his truck that was pulling the camper. so then we were running really late. then the next day i noticed that i bent a rim on my new itp sandstars and rims that i got from jims sand toys. oh well, the trip ended up to be pretty good. we just got home today, and boy did everyone clear out of there on sunday morning. it was pretty nice to not have to run the generator to get a little light in the camper, or heat for that matter.

honduh440
03-22-2004, 09:16 PM
yea zep i was their friday afternoon and on i raced about every 400ex and the only one that came close to beating me was my buddys 425ex ............but now their was another stock looking 400ex with a plus 4ish chrome swingarm im almost positive it was not a ex motor because he was spanking my friends tricked out nacs banshee

RH1N08d9
03-24-2004, 08:25 PM
hey zephead, the kid next to ya on a 450r, did they have a big tall trailer, behind a motorhome? my friend has a 450r, and he was down there, they got a really nice longtravel buggy, and stuff! maybe it was him! I wish I coulda gone, we were in florida, and I was bored as hell!

generalg
03-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Ya that YFZ 450 was fast... but 2qk4u's was fast enough for me.... now I need to get someone to buy my Raptor! Even on Sunday there was still alot of people at LS....

zephead400ex
03-25-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by RH1N08d9
hey zephead, the kid next to ya on a 450r, did they have a big tall trailer, behind a motorhome? my friend has a 450r, and he was down there, they got a really nice longtravel buggy, and stuff! maybe it was him! I wish I coulda gone, we were in florida, and I was bored as hell!

No motorhome with that group. There were 8 high school kids. There was 1 450r, a blaster, and the rest were utility quads. They were from Apache, OK.

oynot400
03-25-2004, 11:14 AM
We did not spend much time around drag stirp. It was way too crowded. :( We went up town and talked to one of shop owners. He said he had not seen that many people out there on a off weekend. Usually he would that many on like a snake hunt weekend or a holiday weekend.
It was fun for us to see that many people, however we did have one problem. A buddy was jumping a dune and some guy t-boned him. The guy that hit him went off on a streacher, my buddy was just stiff and sore.
I don't know how many times the amblance came out but I heard it at least 12 times! We will not go back when it is that busy. Other than that we had a blast, drank some beers and looked at some pretty girls. :devil:

spud400ex
03-26-2004, 05:55 PM
just got back bout 3 hours ago.the camp grounds were about bare sunday.we moved from cowboy to the site in the corner of north campground that is really secluded.
led: saturday at the entrance you were right behind me, i had the really loud ex.
yesterday one kid in the group broke the clutch cable on his 250r and had to wrap the cable aroud his hand to get back to camp. we found some gr8 jumps on monday. we were only going about 20-25' but it was fun.the other 250r that was riding with us the guy couldnt start and had his brother start it most of the time and i even had to start it for him, this is the one with alot of chrome and throws a big roost and wheelies alot, -2 swinger.

00Banshee
03-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Cool, I am loading back up now getting ready to head back down Sunday for the day. I love riding weather. :D