PDA

View Full Version : quadzilla LT500

450rboy
03-21-2004, 08:36 PM
hello i am woundering if any one can give me some tips on the quadzilla lt500. tell me anything about the

i am pretty sure i am getting one so people can you tell me anything

hondarider2006
03-21-2004, 08:52 PM
there fast;)

450rboy
03-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
there fast;)

yea you are right on that. but i mean how do they handle and stuff like that

K_Fulk
03-21-2004, 09:02 PM
What do you want to know? I've been helping my hillbilly neighbor some restore his. It was big piece of junk when we started on it but its starting to come togther now. The biggest thing holding it back is his lack of money.

At least the major stuff is out of the way got a lot of stuff powder coated and he has the motor back and most of the bearings and stuff he needs.

Here is a before picture from last winter. If you shook the front tire it wobbled and also caused the other front wheel to wobble as well as the swingarm pivit and th axle all at the same time.

K_Fulk
03-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by 450rboy
yea you are right on that. but i mean how do they handle and stuff like that

The one I had rode was obviously fast but the steering was twitchy. But that may have been caused by bad tie rod ends or ball joints or something. People tend to overlook that stuff sometimes.

450rboy
03-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
What do you want to know? I've been helping my hillbilly neighbor some restore his. It was big piece of junk when we started on it but its starting to come togther now. The biggest thing holding it back is his lack of money.

At least the major stuff is out of the way got a lot of stuff powder coated and he has the motor back and most of the bearings and stuff he needs.

Here is a before picture from last winter. If you shook the front tire it wobbled and also caused the other front wheel to wobble as well as the swingarm pivit and th axle all at the same time.

what colors did he get it powder coated. and what else does he need to do to it.

i help this one guy i am related to and fix his a little bit and everything went out well and it has only had 2 owners. what did he all do to the engine.

K_Fulk
03-21-2004, 09:15 PM
The engine needed a bore job piston main bearings and a clutch basket and few other small things.

I had the frame pc'ed yellow and the swingarm and stems done black by a local guy. And I pced the a-arms black and some other miscelanious pieces done in black or blue.

List of stuff he still needs
all plastics , rear tires, brake pads, caliper rebuilds, rear master cylinder rebuild, shocks all the way around, new pipe, and some other small grommets and spacers and stuff.

450rboy
03-21-2004, 09:15 PM
The one I had rode was obviously fast but the steering was twitchy. But that may have been caused by bad tie rod ends or ball joints or something. People tend to overlook that stuff sometimes.

well if the steering arn't good on these. i can fix that real fast becuase i go the money becuase i am buying it for 2500$.

sence i am selling my warrior and prolly getting 2500$ out of it. the money that i already got will go towards it to get fixed up.

i was planning on muying a 450r then i found this sweet deal on this lt500. if i bot the 450r i would have to wait a long time to do anything to that becuase all the money i got saved up and the money where i work at will all go to that. and it will take me about 3years to pay it off becuase i only get paid minmum wage.

so i can do anything i want to the lt500 i love it

450rboy
03-21-2004, 09:18 PM
The engine needed a bore job piston main bearings and a clutch basket and few other small things.

I had the frame pc'ed yellow and the swingarm and stems done black by a local guy. And I pced the a-arms black and some other miscelanious pieces done in black or blue.

List of stuff he still needs
all plastics , rear tires, brake pads, caliper rebuilds, rear master cylinder rebuild, shocks all the way around, new pipe, and some other small grommets and spacers and stuff.

how much long you think you be working on this thing until it is finally done

K_Fulk
03-21-2004, 09:19 PM
I hope the one your looking at is nicer than this one. Which wouldnt be hard cause this one was a real turd. But i guess you cant expect much for a 400 dollar lt500 that even ran when he got it.

K_Fulk
03-21-2004, 09:21 PM
how much long you think you be working on this thing until it is finally done

I think it should be done by the end of the summer. Just depends on him.

450rboy
03-21-2004, 09:28 PM
oh i see. i hope everything works out with you and that.

the one i am getting i now the first guy that got and he ran it hard but didn't rick it a lot. and then he sold it to his cuzin he didn't doesn't ride it that much. he just keeps on putting money into it. and it is real nice. but he has blown it up 2 times but that was only becuase he rode the rode all the time and then so when he repaired after it was blown up and stuff the last time

he bored 80 over, piston and rings, brand new cam, brand new clutch, fmf pipe, he didn't get new plastic becuase the ones on it are still in good shape from when he got it. and thats about it

it really great lets just say that. but probably after that kid is done with his. he could prolly kick my ***.

K_Fulk
03-21-2004, 09:38 PM

he bored 80 over, piston and rings, brand new cam, brand new clutch, fmf pipe, he didn't get new plastic becuase the ones on it are still in good shape from when he got it. and thats about it

He got a cam huh. :eek2:

No i think anybody could probly take this guy in a race he dont know how to ride. I hope he dont hurt himself when he starts riding it.

He had his uncle work on it when he first got it. And messed it up worse than it was before. There was a lot of dumb stuff done to this quad. Reasons why i dont know.

beak7707
03-21-2004, 09:41 PM

Since when does a 2 stroke have a cam??? :confused: . I agree with everybody they are fast, but thats about it. My friend has one, and it blows the head gasket all the time. It hardly ever makes it a full day, without breaking down. The handleing isn't very good, and the vibration they produce is unreal. But If you want to ride dunes or drag race I think it would be alright. If you are wanting to ride trails or just mess around, I wouldnt call it a great quad for that.

K_Fulk
03-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
Since when does a 2 stroke have a cam??? :confused: . I agree with everybody they are fast, but thats about it. My friend has one, and it blows the head gasket all the time. It hardly ever makes it a full day, without breaking down. The handleing isn't very good, and the vibration they produce is unreal. But If you want to ride dunes or drag race I think it would be alright. If you are wanting to ride trails or just mess around, I wouldnt call it a great quad for that.

I agree.

honda350r
03-21-2004, 10:08 PM
If you are going to buy a LT500 be prepared to be let down on the power ! I think most people are refering to fast as fast was 16 yrs ago! A new TRX 450 will smoke it !

crazy250r Rider
03-22-2004, 12:31 AM
It will smoke it huh? Are you sure about that one? A 500cc 2-stroke would have my bet any day over a 450cc 4-stoke......in a drag atleast, on the track i would go with the 450 hands down........just my $.02

LazeR
03-22-2004, 01:32 AM
I will have the chance to ride one on wednesday i will be sure and let you know how the power and handling is!

hondarider2006
03-22-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by crazy250r Rider
It will smoke it huh? Are you sure about that one? A 500cc 2-stroke would have my bet any day over a 450cc 4-stoke......in a drag atleast, on the track i would go with the 450 hands down........just my $.02

Thats kinda what I was thinkin....If the 450r beat the zilla in a drag, it was be because of the driver:eek2:

NITRO1253
03-22-2004, 04:47 AM
Check the swingarm over for cracks, 99.9% of those bikes had some decent sized cracks in the swingarm. If it is cracked you could get it fixed at a later date but for now just use it as an excuse to lower the price of the bike

Hammer trx450r
03-22-2004, 05:29 AM
i used to race MX on one in the late 80's. very fast and definatly no cam. alot more brute strength than the 450r. from what i remember I loved it before it got stolen. and it was a very reliable bike as is many with proper maintanance. i dont think i ever opened up the top end in 3 yrs of hard riding. wait till that thing cranks up, it'll get ya smiling. I want to see it done too!! Memories.....

Hammer trx450r
03-22-2004, 05:32 AM
and if my memory serves me right, reinforce the footpegs i've bent them straight down many times

DEAL
03-22-2004, 09:53 AM
The first year was the year they had the problems with the head gaskets blowing.
I've ridden them before, Alot of low end for a 2-stroke (thats what you get with 500cc) , I found it much easier to stay in the power than on a Banshee of 250r.
It didn't handle very good. I personally wouldn't buy one.

kwatts400
03-22-2004, 10:33 AM
I think I would agree with the fact that the 450r, stock for stock, should be able to beat a zilla. Last summer I raced a zilla w/ my 89'r out in Michigan, and I was w/in a 1/2 of a bike length on every race. If I got a good start, I won by a 1/2 length. That was before I put a new carb on my r. My 450r is about 2 bikelengths faster than my 250r in a drag, and it is still pulling at the end. Start modding them out and who knows. I just don't want to be the one that has to kick over that beast!

450rboy
03-22-2004, 11:44 AM

sorry man. i thought they had cams. i don't know a lot about 2 strokes. he just said he rebuilt it so i thought he would put a cam in it. sorry I'm a dumb ***. i thought there were cams in 2 strokes

450rboy
03-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
Thats kinda what I was thinkin....If the 450r beat the zilla in a drag, it was be because of the driver:eek2:

yea i agree with you

450rboy
03-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by NITRO1253
Check the swingarm over for cracks, 99.9% of those bikes had some decent sized cracks in the swingarm. If it is cracked you could get it fixed at a later date but for now just use it as an excuse to lower the price of the bike

there shouldn't be cracks in it. because the guy (my uncle) that had it before my cuzin. put a new swing arm it. it has only had two owners in its days. and i don't now what kind of swing arm is on it either

450rboy
03-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
The first year was the year they had the problems with the head gaskets blowing.
I've ridden them before, Alot of low end for a 2-stroke (thats what you get with 500cc) , I found it much easier to stay in the power than on a Banshee of 250r.
It didn't handle very good. I personally wouldn't buy one.

the year of the lt500 i am getting is 89. and it hasn't been riden a lot but the guy that has it right now toke real good care of it but wasn't to smart with it becuase he would just pute around on it and fiel spark plugs. but at lets he didn't take it hard on it and reck it any time. he had it for 4 years and done a lot to it but never eally over done a lot with it.

and sence i am buying this instead of a 450r is becuase it gots a lot done to it and it only cost 2500$. and i will a lease get 2300$ out of my warrior so i will just put all that money down on that lt500. and sence i got over a 1000$ in the bank. i can spend a lot of it on that lt500.

the first thing i am going to do to it when i get it is. get a trinity head for it

nuttynewt
03-22-2004, 12:05 PM
If you don't know how to work on it, which you obviously don't (not slamming you, but if you thought it had a cam you've never had a two-stroke apart); don't buy it or all your extra money is going to be going to the mechanic. A friend used to have one, and like it was pointed out earlier, you're lucky to get a good day's riding out of one without it breaking down. Also, it is wider than other quads and sucks for trail riding. And the handling leaves a lot to be desired. They are wicked fast out in the open, though. The only reason I would buy one is if I was into drag racing or duning, and nothing else.

If you buy it, trust me, you'll end up regretting it.

Hammer trx450r
03-22-2004, 12:10 PM
not to mension price? 2500 seems alittle steep

nuttynewt
03-22-2004, 12:10 PM
"warrior for sell
hello i am selling my warrior it has just got rebuilt. new piston and rings. brand new tires(lumber jack tires. rear),brand new clutch kit in it. i got some other stuff to tell you too if you would like to now some stuff e-mail me. richwill@usachoice.net

i am sellint it for 2500$. there lots of goodies on it to. and lots of power.

thanks buy. selling it becuase i have grown out of it and want some much better like a Lt500 i am getting after i sell it. but the lt500 cost 4400$.

thanks"

And there is NO WAY that it's worth 4400 clams. I'd keep my money in my pocket.

LT250Racer609
03-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Since when does a 2 stroke have a cam??? . I agree with everybody they are fast, but thats about it. My friend has one, and it blows the head gasket all the time. It hardly ever makes it a full day, without breaking down. The handleing isn't very good, and the vibration they produce is unreal. But If you want to ride dunes or drag race I think it would be alright. If you are wanting to ride trails or just mess around, I wouldnt call it a great quad for that.

with the head gasket problem, i have had the same problem with my LT250R...its a stupid cause...after he puts on the new head gasket and puts the new anti freeze in it, theres a breather screw on the top of the head...towards the back...you gotta take that out and let all the extra air in the anti freeze get out..other wise if u dont do that and u run it with air still in your anti freeze, the pressure when riding it builds up and tears apart your head gasket...try it

LT250Racer609
03-22-2004, 01:58 PM
honda350r:If you are going to buy a LT500 be prepared to be let down on the power ! I think most people are refering to fast as fast was 16 yrs ago! A new TRX 450 will smoke it !

im sorry, but you should get your facts straight...u can do all u want to the New 450R..throw a cam in it, headers, silencer all the goodies...after about 2500$ into the 450R...then it gives a STOCK LT500 some competition in a drag atleast..MX is a different story...yah it might be 16 years old..and its still smoking everything on the market..including banshee's..sorry bubs

kwatts400
03-23-2004, 01:46 AM
LT250racer, have you ridden or drag raced a 450r? I drag raced a zilla on my 250r and we were neck and neck each time. I know for a fact that my 450r is faster in a drag than my 250r by about 2 or so bikelengths. I could have the hrc kit and pipe on my 450 for about $700 installed, and would increase that gap by an easy 4-5 bikelengths. I'm not knocking the zilla at all, I'm just suggesting that you get your facts straight before you suggest it to someone else.

Hammer trx450r
03-23-2004, 04:01 AM
your 250cc two stroke beat a 500cc two stroke in a drag? i wonder how fresh this zilla motor was at the time or who was the rider. my zilla was fast, real fast

kwatts400
03-23-2004, 11:19 AM
I never got to talk to the guy, so I don't know.

Thats the thing about drag racing, you don't know. It is a lot more rider than people think.

cdrookie
03-23-2004, 04:42 PM
you guys are right. in any type of race, rider is always the most important part. i had a 87 zilla for years. i loved it. it just has that certain mystique. they're so big that you can't help but to feel safe on one. gotta watch out for the trees though. mine had a fmf pipe and silencer, .040 over wiseco, and boyseen reeds. i feared no quad. the 87's were the fastest, but also the most unreliable, never had a problem with mine though. the 88 and up had one more stud to keep the head gasket from blowing. they also had better cases to keep the crank bearings from spinning. unfortunately i totaled mine. hope to own another someday.

LT250Racer609
03-23-2004, 07:12 PM
LT250racer, have you ridden or drag raced a 450r? I drag raced a zilla on my 250r and we were neck and neck each time. I know for a fact that my 450r is faster in a drag than my 250r by about 2 or so bikelengths. I could have the hrc kit and pipe on my 450 for about $700 installed, and would increase that gap by an easy 4-5 bikelengths. I'm not knocking the zilla at all, I'm just suggesting that you get your facts straight before you suggest it to someone else.

that quadzilla was sick or somethin cause that doesnt sound right...thknk about it...a 250CC motor is HALF of a 500CC...its only common sence..the quad u beat prolly hasnt had a rebuild in years or something

sprockets matter to tho

kwatts400
03-24-2004, 01:10 AM
There are alot of variables that come into play in drag racing. Start, traction, gearing, state of tune, rider, I'm sure there are more. My trip to Michigan last summer got me addicted to it. To be honest, it made me want to win every time before my vacation was over.

I dont know anything about the guys zilla that I raced, except that we raced 3 times, and he won twice by a 1/2 of a bikelength and I won once by a 1/2 bikelength. The only thing that it really tells me is that, judging by the results of my own drag races, my stock 450r should be ahead of a stock zilla in a drag. (stock vs. stock)

LT250Racer609
03-24-2004, 04:34 AM
a 1000CC 4 stoke is equivelant to a 500CC 2 stroke...do the common sence..

heavy_d
03-24-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by kwatts400
I drag raced a zilla on my 250r and we were neck and neck each time.

really??? hmm

450rboy
03-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by nuttynewt
"warrior for sell
hello i am selling my warrior it has just got rebuilt. new piston and rings. brand new tires(lumber jack tires. rear),brand new clutch kit in it. i got some other stuff to tell you too if you would like to now some stuff e-mail me. richwill@usachoice.net

i am sellint it for 2500$. there lots of goodies on it to. and lots of power.

thanks buy. selling it becuase i have grown out of it and want some much better like a Lt500 i am getting after i sell it. but the lt500 cost 4400$.

thanks"

And there is NO WAY that it's worth 4400 clams. I'd keep my money in my pocket.

hey the lt cost 2500$ not 4400$. sorry about about that

450rboy
03-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by LT250Racer609
honda350r:If you are going to buy a LT500 be prepared to be let down on the power ! I think most people are refering to fast as fast was 16 yrs ago! A new TRX 450 will smoke it !

im sorry, but you should get your facts straight...u can do all u want to the New 450R..throw a cam in it, headers, silencer all the goodies...after about 2500$ into the 450R...then it gives a STOCK LT500 some competition in a drag atleast..MX is a different story...yah it might be 16 years old..and its still smoking everything on the market..including banshee's..sorry bubs

yea i believe him becuase i have rode a lt500 before but i havn't rode a 450r but i have rode a yfz450 and both those 450s are almost the same.

450rboy
03-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by kwatts400

have you ever draged race a lt500 or a lt250r

450rboy
03-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
you guys are right. in any type of race, rider is always the most important part. i had a 87 zilla for years. i loved it. it just has that certain mystique. they're so big that you can't help but to feel safe on one. gotta watch out for the trees though. mine had a fmf pipe and silencer, .040 over wiseco, and boyseen reeds. i feared no quad. the 87's were the fastest, but also the most unreliable, never had a problem with mine though. the 88 and up had one more stud to keep the head gasket from blowing. they also had better cases to keep the crank bearings from spinning. unfortunately i totaled mine. hope to own another someday.

yea i know for a fact it all depends on the rider and not the 4 wheeler becuase my brothers 400ex it completely stock and this other kids 400ex has like over 2000$ in it and my brother bet him every time and they both have had the 4 wheeler for 5 years. so they both go experence on they. but it does depend on the rider

kwatts400
03-24-2004, 12:08 PM
I drag raced both out in Michigan last summer. The lt250 must have been pretty ragged out because it wasn't even close. I was on my 250r, and I know for a fact that my 450r is faster than my 250r. Common sense tells me that my 450r would have won that drag race too.

LT250Racer609
03-24-2004, 04:28 PM
you seem mighty high about your speed of your 450R...race some quads that arent standing still

wilkin250r
03-24-2004, 06:42 PM
I've been around a few quads, and the Quadzillas were/are fast. They vibrate a lot, and they don't have the best handling characteristics, but they are way fast.

I'm not doubting this 250r vs lt500 scenario, but I truly think that LT500 wasn't running at peak performance. Either that, or you have the fastest 250r in existence. I've raced many an lt500 with my piped 250r, and I couldn't hold a candle to them. Neither could Raptors, Predators, banshees, nothing. Them quadzillas is fast...

kwatts400
03-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Do I know what state of tune that guys motor was in........Nope

Do I know how good of a rider he was................................Nope

Do I really care.............................................. .......................Nope

The way I look at it, most people who drag race in the dunes are pretty serious about it. We all know that there are alot of factors involved in it, I was just telling you what happened when he lined up with everyone who was racing that day (including me). Take it however you want.

Cheese_Head
04-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Neither could Raptors, Predators, banshees, nothing. Them quadzillas is fast...

Anyone that is impressed with the power of a stock Zilla either lives in the middle of nowhere or has never seen a real fast quad in his life...

If you ever attend a sanctionned drag racing event you will see that those mighty Zillas are getting spanked by 350CCs Banshees and i mean spanked...The fastest Zillas are like 3-4 tenths off the fastest 350CCs Banshees in 300ft...They just suck!!!

LTandRaptorider
04-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Cheese_Head
Anyone that is impressed with the power of a stock Zilla either lives in the middle of nowhere or has never seen a real fast quad in his life...

They just suck!!!

uh huh... :rolleyes:

1fast400ex
04-03-2004, 10:53 PM
cheese head i have been and will attend more sanctioned drag races and yes the banshees do smoke the quadzillas but those banshees are 550-570 banshees! check out the atvdra website sometime and ask they will tell ya. and thers no way a stock 450 yammaha or honda will come close in a 200 or 300 ft dirt drag to a properly tuned lt500- stock lt250 or r yes they are faster in these distances

Cheese_Head
04-03-2004, 11:18 PM
cheese head i have been and will attend more sanctioned drag races and yes the banshees do smoke the quadzillas but those banshees are 550-570 banshees!

Well if you attend sanctionned drags or ATVDRA as you say you do,youd know that 350cc Banshees run in the very low 4 secs while the fastest Zillas outhere runs in the mid 4secs...

No need for a 550-570 Banshees those and the Zillas arent even in the same league.

Chef
04-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Well if you attend sanctionned drags or ATVDRA as you say you do,youd know that 350cc Banshees run in the very low 4 secs while the fastest Zillas outhere runs in the mid 4secs...

No need for a 550-570 Banshees those and the Zillas arent even in the same league.

I've never even been to a sanctioned ATV drag race event, or an ATVDRA event, and I know that its a very select few stock bore Banshee's out there in the low 4's. That is a tough mark to get to.

I also know that a LT500 would smoke a 450R, or YFZ. I've ran a couple of them on my EX, and got smoked by the LT500. I also was running about a bike length ahead of my cousins HRC 450R that same weekend. The LT500's eat my Banshee alive, and I know my Banshee is faster than the 450's. If I want to beat a LT, I will bring my R out. But, if I wanna get beat, I would ride a 4 stroke. :huh

Cheese_Head
04-03-2004, 11:25 PM
and I know that its a very select few stock bore Banshee's out there in the low 4's. That is a tough mark to get to.

True as there also are only a select few Zillas in the mid 4secs.

Pauly-Dog
04-06-2004, 08:55 AM
I had a quadzilla a few years ago, and I care for it, It seemed like the bike controlled me more than I controlled it, it was to heavy for me to throw out in the tight turns(but I only weigh a buck fifty),as far a power it had tons of power, and was very fast, I beat a trx 250 R in a drag race w/ two on my quad and one guy on the 250,hope I helped

cameron3395
04-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
If you are going to buy a LT500 be prepared to be let down on the power ! I think most people are refering to fast as fast was 16 yrs ago! A new TRX 450 will smoke it !

U are so wrong!!!! I seen this exact race this last weekend and both quads were stock. In 300 feet the lt500 beat it by 4 bike lengths.

ThumPIN_450R
04-17-2004, 07:29 PM
i think my 250 would beat my r in a drag if the lt would hook up at all

Cheese_Head
04-17-2004, 07:42 PM
The Zilla is a poor excuse for a 500cc quad...Hell the fastest 500cc Zilla cant even beat the fastest 350cc Banshee and is about half a secong slower than the fastest 500cc Banshee...Pathetic if you ask me!!!

The fastest Zilla aint even as fast as the fastest 250r...The Zilla a monster???? Yeah right.

LT250Racer609
04-18-2004, 06:54 PM
ok first off...it seems like you dont have any room to talk about the LT500's top speed i mean, who calls themself cheese head?? thats like direct attention to yah im a moron...ok 2nd off..have YOU yes YOURSELF ever dragged a LT500?? cause if you have you might have a little room to talk but i just think that you either have dragged one and it ate you alive and your just PMSing cause you got your @$$ whooped or your a cheese head...hmm o wait:p damnit

LT250Racer609
04-18-2004, 06:55 PM
o yah...and also...how many of those "350" banshees are really 350's?? i bet if you walked around and talked to the people who own them, your really looking at a 570 or w/e you can do to them...get your head out of your @$$ dude

Cheese_Head
04-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Ok kid you want to think the Zilla is fast go ahead, i know of at least 3 differents true 350cc Banshees that run anywhere between 4.05-4.12s while i have never heard about any Zillas no matter how modded they were running faster than 4.4s in 300ft...You dont beleive me no problem take your bull**** to www.planetsand.com or www.atvdra.com and ask around...

As for my Banshee beleive me a Zilla would have to be modded to the hilt to run with it, a stock one would look a Lada racing a Mustang.Now im done with kids like you who are impressed by a 50hp 400lbs quad...

WOracing
04-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Ok kid you want to think the Zilla is fast go ahead, i know of at least 3 differents true 350cc Banshees that run anywhere between 4.05-4.12s while i have never heard about any Zillas no matter how modded they were running faster than 4.4s in 300ft...You dont beleive me no problem take your bull**** to www.planetsand.com or www.atvdra.com and ask around...

As for my Banshee beleive me a Zilla would have to be modded to the hilt to run with it, a stock one would look a Lada racing a Mustang.Now im done with kids like you who are impressed by a 50hp 400lbs quad...

Suzuki 2 stroke quads are the biggest piles ever....my freind blew his lt 250r up everytime he rode it. And when i rode a lt500 i wasnt impressed. I expected alot more....buy a honda 250r:D

RMX500
04-18-2004, 08:33 PM
suzuki 2 strokes are fast motors and poor as hell build quality.

a quadzilla will out drag just about anything except a heavily tuned banshee.

have some common sense here. 500cc 2-stroke. reminiscent of honda's CR500 motor which in a quad would rape the crap out of just about anything.

LT250Racer609
04-19-2004, 01:56 PM
thank you RMX...these guys are too thick headed about their banshee's

RMX500
04-19-2004, 02:06 PM
i don't see what's so special about banshee's.

i mean they are great duners and amazing drag quads when they are tuned.. but otherwise they have just as many flaws as an LT500. banshee's don't turn, jump or land for **** and aren't exactly problem free.

Pauly-Dog
04-20-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by WOracing
Suzuki 2 stroke quads are the biggest piles ever....my freind blew his lt 250r up everytime he rode it. And when i rode a lt500 i wasnt impressed. I expected alot more....buy a honda 250r:D

Your friend should learn how to mix his gas and he may not have that problem. I beat the crap out of my LT 250 R and have yet to blow it up, but then again I mix my petro right and do all the other little helpfull things like check my fluid levels (before I ride)

heavy_d
04-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Pauly-Dog
Your friend should learn how to mix his gas and he may not have that problem. I beat the crap out of my LT 250 R and have yet to blow it up, but then again I mix my petro right and do all the other little helpfull things like check my fluid levels (before I ride)

some people seem to think 87 octane and 64:1 is okay :rolleyes:

RMX500
04-20-2004, 07:25 PM
lmao.. nah, 110 and 32:1 :rolleyes:

heavy_d
04-21-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by RMX500
lmao.. nah, 110 and 32:1 :rolleyes:

yeah, thats what i run, i make her scream and haven't had a problem

Uno
04-21-2004, 01:30 PM
Ok a few things.

First off, Banshee's are still being sold today so there are alot more aftermarket parts for them now than than there ever was for the 500's. So it's much easier and cheaper to mod the heck out of a Banshee.

Second, the Banshee is a 2 cylinder so it has a bit different power delivery than a big single. Banshees are a bit peakier while Zilla's have a bit more torque (although neither is a torque monster).

Third, and this is factual, the Quadzilla 500 was faster stock for stock.

Fourth, they havent made a Quadzilla in what? 12 years? So every one of em that has been ridden much is either well worn or rebuilt and anyone who knows engines knows there are quality rebuilds and backyard rebuilds (new stock piston in a well worn cylinder etc...).

And last but not least who gives a rats cheek? You can build either machine to be extremely fast. The Banshee obviously has the advantage because, if you can think of it, it's been done to a Banshee.

As for the original poster...

There is a differance between the early lt500's and the later ones. Reliability was improved and the handling was slightly better.

ThumPIN_450R
04-21-2004, 06:53 PM
i don't see the big deal of the lt not having one built in ten years because the banshee hasen't been updated in that long of time either

Pauly-Dog
04-21-2004, 11:24 PM
you know I've read most of these replys and most of these banshee guys sound like a kid on the play ground(my dads tougher than your dad)grow up the Zilla was and still is a fast quad, and so is the banshee, most of the comes down to personal preferance and riding conditions, the Zilla has more bottom end and a more forgiving powerband and the banshee rips right to the top end right now, but fall off the pipe and the banshee falls on its face, not to mention their weak cranks, so stop hatin' and lets ride

trx440
04-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Stock for stock, Quadzilla is fastest of all.

Piped only, Quadzilla still fastest but a piped Banshee picks up the most performance of any quad and therefore closes the gap on the piped Zilla [as compared to stock]

Any building past that favors the Banshee. I know there are 550cc plus Zillas that RIP but they are few and far between. The aftermarket just doesn't support and or offer the choices for the Zilla as it does the Banshee [or just about any other quad short of the Tecate-4] Many of the big mod Zilla's are one off custom jobs that were the owner's labor of love. If those bikes grenade it takes some time to rebuild them as parts are either scarce or the parts need to be fabbed.
I could get on the phone right now and have every part I need for a 550cc drag banshee here at my house by next Monday. [checkbook permitting]

Reliability on the 87 Zilla was spotty when low octane pump was used. Some even had problems with premium. That was largely fixed for 88-90 with the addition of the extra stud. Banshees when left stock are very dependable. However the last reported stock Banshee was in 1994 j/k.

I am in the process of putting together an 89 Zilla with a Duncan modded engine. I am going to keep it as stock as possible. The money I am spending is more to bulletproof the engine than it is to make it go faster. Still it will be about a 60hp Dune sled. I've always wanted one. It was the first quad I ever rode. I hope mine scares the crap out of me like the first one I rode.

Cheese_Head
04-24-2004, 08:15 AM
thank you RMX...these guys are too thick headed about their banshee's

Like i have said kiddo go to www.planetsand.com or www.atvdra.com and ask around...Those arent Banshee sites they are drag racing (well planetsand is more of a duners site)sites peeps there dont care if one is faster than the other...It is a simple fact that the fastest 350cc stock stroke stock bore Banshee is faster than any Zillas using the Suzuki oem based engine no matter how you mod it.Like i have said before if you wanna be impressed by a 50 hp 400lbs quad you are entitled to but its still slow...

have some common sense here. 500cc 2-stroke. reminiscent of honda's CR500 motor which in a quad would rape the crap out of just about anything.

Comparing the CR 500 engine to the Zilla engine is a blasphema, the CR or the KX500 for that matter, engines put out more torque than the Zilla engine produces hp...They are not comparable in any way.

Pauly-Dog
04-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Like i have said kiddo go to www.planetsand.com or www.atvdra.com and ask around...Those arent Banshee sites they are drag racing (well planetsand is more of a duners site)sites peeps there dont care if one is faster than the other...It is a simple fact that the fastest 350cc stock stroke stock bore Banshee is faster than any Zillas using the Suzuki oem based engine no matter how you mod it.Like i have said before if you wanna be impressed by a 50 hp 400lbs quad you are entitled to but its still slow...

-You need to think about what you are saying before posting something that may embarrass yourself, or at least do a little research to find out all the facts, stock Zilla puts out 51 hp and weighs 390 lbs., stock Banshee puts out 37 hp and weighs 386 lbs, so do you want to do the math or should I (I'll help you out on this one) that is a power to weight ratio differance of .0459 hp per lb.(.1308 hp. per. lb. Zilla - .0959 hp. per. lb. Banshee), so looks like the Zilla is the king of the power struggle, and this also eliminates rider skill, weight, or mistakes, if you would like to referance my numbers you can goto www.phillyquadaddicts@groups.msn.com
so anyone who wants to be impressed by a 37 hp 386 lb. atv can have at it

Comparing the CR 500 engine to the Zilla engine is a blasphema, the CR or the KX500 for that matter, engines put out more torque than the Zilla engine produces hp...They are not comparable in any way.

www.phillyquadaddicts@groups.msn.com

Cheese_Head
04-25-2004, 04:57 AM
Oh god make it 390lbs pounds if it makes you happy...Anyway you are talking about stock quads here,when have i said the Banshee was faster than the Zilla in stock form????

We are talking about drag racing here,who drag races stock quads?

Stock the Zilla is faster once you mod them both the banshee is faster those are simple facts...Show me one Zilla that can run in the low 4sec, you cant cause there arent any.

RMX500
04-25-2004, 05:12 AM
who races stock zilla's against modded banshee's?

dude, you pick him apart for comparing stock machines, and then you make the statement that a modded banshee is better than a stock zilla.

try having both modded.

Cheese_Head
04-25-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by RMX500
who races stock zilla's against modded banshee's?

dude, you pick him apart for comparing stock machines, and then you make the statement that a modded banshee is better than a stock zilla.

try having both modded.

Reread my post buddy...I said
Stock the Zilla is faster once you mod them both the banshee is faster those are simple facts...Show me one Zilla that can run in the low 4sec, you cant cause there arent any.

He picked me apart for what saying that a stock Zilla is faster than a stock Shee??? Everyone knows that, now you bunch of clowns log onto the sites i mentionned earlier and see for yourselves,unless you do so dont even bother answering this post.

Cheese_Head
04-25-2004, 06:04 AM
This Banshee is a stock stroke stock bore 350cc, it belongs to Mike Zielinsky in Michigan.It runs 4.1-4.2 sec all day long,it uses a modified stock frame not an ultralite aftermarket one.

http://www.atvdra.com/uploads/post-16-1081954171.jpg

Now you guys show me a Zilla that can match those times,there arent any...There are others outhere like him,i can post some more pics if needed.

1fast400ex
04-25-2004, 08:23 PM
uh how do you know banzemans bike will turn those times if i aint mistaking he has not made a pass on that bike yet with all the changes from what i understand next weekend in la will be his first run on that bike. granted it should run 4.1 or better with all thats done to it.

Cheese_Head
04-26-2004, 05:03 AM
Last year it was running those times so id be very surprised it was slower this year...He kinda tries to go faster each year not the other way around,he is aiming at going below 4sec at least once this coming season.Like i have said before there are others like him,Jon Lorio ran 4.05 last year with his 350 and his also aiming at going below 4sec this year.

LT250Racer609
04-26-2004, 01:39 PM
ok this solves all the bull$hit...

i have a 89 LT250R that is modded for mx..all it has for motor work is a pipe, silencer and delta V-force but anyways...i just bought an 04 450R...yes its fast but my LT is faster cause my dad dragged me down the road while he was on my LT and he ate me by like 3-4 quad lengths...soooo how do you people figure that a 450R can beat a LT500 when my little LT250R is faster?? explain that one...

Pauly-Dog
04-27-2004, 06:30 PM

ok kid..lets quote you again so everything is clear, you stated (as we can all see above) that "the fastest 350cc stock stroke stock bore Banshee is faster than any Zillas using the Suzuki oem based engine"(does that mean stock :devil: ), also stated above is "Like i have said before if you wanna be impressed by a 50 hp 400lbs quad you are entitled to but its still slow..."( now wouldnt that be a stock Zilla), stock bore and stroke benshee vs. 50 hp 400 lb. Zilla sounds like a stock on stock race to me, so... that being said why would you reply with a who races stock quads attitude, or state that you were talking about modified quads, because from the stats I have seen (and posted) the banshee is 4 lbs. lighter and lacking 14 hp, so what are we talking about stock or mods???:devil:

Cheese_Head
04-27-2004, 06:50 PM
"the fastest 350cc stock stroke stock bore Banshee is faster than any Zillas using the Suzuki oem based engine"(does that mean stock )

Ok since your not too smart, an oem based engine means it still uses a Zilla engine no matter how extensively modded it is...Not a crotch rocket engine,not a sled engine,not a car engine,not a jet engine etc...Im still not sure you will understand but thats the best explanation i can give you.

Now unless you can show me a pic of a Zilla using an "Oem" based engine that can run with the 350cc Banshee from wich i posted a pic earlier do not even waste your time...We were never talking about stock quads here, i cant care less about stock quads anyway weither it is a stock,Shee,Zilla,250r or whatever, in stock form they all suck!!!

trx440
04-28-2004, 02:32 AM
Cheese-Head,

The aftermarket caters to Banshees and 250R's. Don't act like the Banshee is, from it's base the best of the OEM "BIG BORE" speed kings. If the aftermarket had "chosen" the Zilla to be the class standard then it would be the choice of the modders. I remember back in 87 when the 250R was considered to be the slowest of the three 250 2 strokes. But somehow it became the 250 of choice. I will admit that there are some inherent advantages to the twin cylinder design but your position is a little scetchy. Yes the fastest Banshee's are the fastest quads. But they ought to be. And when the Quadzilla's and big bore 250R's beat the modded Banshee's at Glamis, the Banshee owners get an earfull. Funny thing is fast drag Banshees can't handle anything but the smootest of terrain and often get bet by much slower machines.

Cheese_Head
04-28-2004, 05:32 AM
1.No one here talked about big bore Banshees, lets not go there they are in a league of their own.

2.There are reasons why the developpers,builders whatever you want to call them chose the Banshees and 250Rs instead of the Zillas.They will all tell you that the poor cylinder + engine cases desing limits terribly the power potential of this engine, they didnt decide to ignore the Zilla because they didnt like Suzuki they just couldnt do that much with it...When these guys want to get big hp out of a single cylindered big bore engine they use either the CR-500 or even better the KX 500 engines.In the 250cc class they will all tell you the 250R was preferred to the LT 250r as a drag racer for the exact same reasons .

3.The big bore 250Rs and Zillas that beat Banshees at Glamis sure aint beating the fast ones, the Banshee has been King of the hill at glamis for a really long time.

4.you say "Funny thing is fast drag Banshees can't handle anything but the smootest of terrain and often get bet by much slower machines." find me one full drag quad weither it is a Zilla,250R or Banshee that can handle the rough stuff...Would you expect a Funny car to do well in a cross-country race???

Now all i have said from my first post till now is that modded 350cc Banshees are faster than 500cc+ Zillas and this is a fact, you dont like it fine but its still a fact.