PDA

View Full Version : K&N jet kits, let's hear your opinions

redroost85
03-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Well, I have decided to finally break down and fully jet my quad properly. I have heard there is like a Stage 1 and 2 jet kits out there.

So, you guys that actually run them...what do you like/dislike?

Any other feedback? good/bad? Easy to install, has all the correct parts in the package?

Just anything you can offer would be a big help. Thanks in advance guys.:)

cals400ex
03-21-2004, 08:32 PM
i would say save the cash and just go out and buy a few individual keihin jets. you can get them easily from your local dealer. if your running lean on the needle, just lower the clip one position on the stock needle. also, you may want to increase your pilot jet size if your still using the stock one. by the way, these kits don't even include pilot jets.

redroost85
03-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Hmm, they don't even include the pilot jets? I called the stealer, uh I mean dealer today and they told me that for one stock (Kehin, however the heck ya spell it) pilot jet it was gonna be like $14!:huh

Is this a freaking joke? So pilot jets don't come in the kits and the stock ones are freaking too overpriced?:eek:

Am I missing something here? Please help me understand.:(

JOEX
03-22-2004, 06:26 PM
C&D Racing sells jets for $3.50-4.00 each.

smount101
03-22-2004, 06:33 PM
I have a K&N filter, modded airbox lid and fmf megamax II exhaust and live in ohio... i called fmf and told them my mods and location they said a 155 main and 42 pilot (keihin) and leave the needle in the stock position... i called the honda dealer and they said i dont need to change the pilot..Does the 155 and 42 sound accurate? Also can you give me C&D's site? Thanks a lot.

redroost85
03-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I am running a 165 main...yes it gets fricking cold here. I just left the pilot stock.....40 is it?
And it ran fine for a while, but now.......well....dookie comes to mind.

I just really need to properly jet all aspects of my carb to ensure that it runs the way it should. I cheaped out initially, but my ride has been running like schiz and the poor jetting is partially to blame.

Thanks for the tip Joe! Time to get on the horn to Dusty again, lol!:D

cals400ex
03-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
Thanks for the replies guys. I am running a 165 main...yes it gets fricking cold here. I just left the pilot stock.....40 is it?
And it ran fine for a while, but now.......well....dookie comes to mind.

I just really need to properly jet all aspects of my carb to ensure that it runs the way it should. I cheaped out initially, but my ride has been running like schiz and the poor jetting is partially to blame.

Thanks for the tip Joe! Time to get on the horn to Dusty again, lol!:D

the stock pilot jet is a 38. boy, your dealer is pretty high on pilot jets. however, i think mine is about $8 at the dealer. tell me all your mods: pipe? airbox lid on or off? other mods, etc? what is the temp your riding in? whats your elevation? i will try to help you buy only the jets you need and a few spares.

cals400ex
03-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by smount101
I have a K&N filter, modded airbox lid and fmf megamax II exhaust and live in ohio... i called fmf and told them my mods and location they said a 155 main and 42 pilot (keihin) and leave the needle in the stock position... i called the honda dealer and they said i dont need to change the pilot..Does the 155 and 42 sound accurate? Also can you give me C&D's site? Thanks a lot.

yeah, a 42 or 40 pilot jet will work fine. the mainjet looks pretty good. i think C&D's site is www.cdracingonline.com

however, i am not 100% sure off the top of my head. their site is on the top of most of these pages though. all you have to do is click.