PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my clutch?

Krazy Kid
03-21-2004, 07:44 PM
i have a kx 80 and there is something wrong with the clutch...it engages and i can get is about a 1/4 of the way through 1st gear and then it seems to like slip and it will rev all the way up without gaining speed...so i shift to second and it does the same thing after u get about 1/4 way through 2nd...a friend sed maybe it was the clutch plates or something so i took them out.how do u tell if they are bad...and if they arent what else could be the problem? someone plz help!! thanks in advance guys..
:(

tprender
03-21-2004, 07:52 PM
It sounds like you clutch fiber plates are shot. get the maunal and find out what the spec's are and measure them to see if the thickness is good. If it has alumiun paltes also they might be shot also.
When you took it apart, what did the oil smell like? It it smelled real bad. Had a burned smell, the paltes are shot.

Krazy Kid
03-22-2004, 12:07 PM
hey thanks tprender i think thats the prob...i have already ordered new clutch plates & springs so hopefully thats the prob but...just incase is there ne thing else that might be the problem with it? :confused: