PDA

View Full Version : 300....Clutch components, (pricing, parts list ect...)

"BLAHH"300!!
03-21-2004, 07:04 PM
..Sup' guys.
Spring is in the air, Speaking of springs, it's time i replace my clutch.

I need a new clutch, so i'm going to replace everything from springs and plates to the leaver and cable.

How much should i expect to pay for a decent clutch kit.
It Doesn't have to be top of the line, but i don't want stock.
I want stiffer springs, and an EZ pull clutch (Not hydrolic)

I could do this myself right?
do i have to take the motor out of the frame?
Are there any special tools required?
What kit do you recomend.
Keep in mind, i am on a buget.

I need a new sprok' set, and chain.
Right now i'm running 14t/38t. Maybe i'm used to the bike, but i just don't feel like it's as fast as it should be. should i put a 13t on the front, or go down 2 teeth in the rear to a 36T?
..I'm under the impression that 1 in the front is = to 2 in the rear.
So i'm thinking go down 2 in the rear, and give myself a little more ground clearance, Does this sound O.K.?

Feedback.

This Quad is for sale...$2000 O.B.O

dirtmomma
03-21-2004, 07:34 PM
1st off NO you don't have to take your motor out to do your clutch :huh 2nd off as for parts I would go to Rocky MOuntain ATV (www.rockymountainatv.com) & get a TUSK clutch kit for it, they are about $28, I know that sounds cheap BUT they are good clutches!! We put one in our blaster in Dec. & have raced it hard & ti's holding up great!! Ohterwise you can order a Barnett for $89.99 if you like, go for the TUSK levers too ;) they are coming out w/ some decent parts for DECENT prices, about time someone did :blah:

Go get yourself a CLYMER manual OR better yet order one up w/ your clutch kit ;) it's easier to do if you have air tools to use to break the boss nut loose(I think it's taht one anyway) it's the main enter nut.
OH BTW

GOOD LUCK :D :D :D

250rider
03-21-2004, 07:34 PM
i have heard nothin but good things about the tusk clutch kit, for a 300ex u can get stiffer springs and the fibes wit plates for about 35 bucks. not a bad deal at alllllllll.just go wit a motion pro cable their like 15 and ive heard alot of things about the msr shorty levr or whatever they call it. i know pep makes a pretty good one and so does avs and they pivot when u flip so it wont break.

"BLAHH"300!!
03-21-2004, 07:44 PM
....Preciate it guys.
So for about $80 i should be able to get everything from the rear sproket to the clutch leaver. Does this Tusk kit come with stiffer springs?

Tusk. I have tusk bars, they seam ok. I havn't wrecked since putting them on, but the bend feels good, and to be honest, i kinda rather my bars bend than my stering stem.

toby400ex
03-21-2004, 08:26 PM
A good o-ring chain is going to cost you atleast $50. I like me Ek chain.