PDA

View Full Version : Krylon FUSION help

Tacoma750
03-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Hey, a new spray paint came out its called FUSION. It is a no prep paint meaning no sanding or priming. It is made for plastic. How would this hold up on a quad or dirtbike? It is garunteed not to chip, would it hold up to being slapped by tree branches, and the norm of a trail? Let me know any info you have thx.

dirtmomma
03-21-2004, 07:55 PM
WEll I haven't really used it except on some fenders I cut off to test on. It seemed to stick pretty good, & I kinda banged them around & bent them some & it stayed on. I've heard good & not so good things about it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

nofear911
03-21-2004, 07:59 PM
I'm gonna try it on my side shields on my 400ex, I have extras so i'm gonna experiment a little.
Wheres the best place to find this stuff?
Do they have many differents shades of colors?

RH1N08d9
03-21-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm gettin ready to paint my 400 fenders with it! I found some retailer website, but they didn't seem to have many colors that would fit on a quad or bike, except black, but it may depend where you get it from!

Tacoma750
03-21-2004, 08:30 PM
let me know how it works... im very interested, i mean why spend 250 on black plastics when you could make your own for 10. Just a thought.

hondarider2006
03-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Tacoma750
let me know how it works... im very interested, i mean why spend 250 on black plastics when you could make your own for 10. Just a thought.

because the $250 fenders will look much better, and the color will stay. To where as the spray paint won't last that long.....

Pro400
03-21-2004, 09:19 PM
My friend used it on his KX 80 and it looks good even though he falls alot it looks pretty good when he first put it on the only thing is it doesnt really shine once it is on for a while.

dirtmomma
03-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Pretty sure you can find it @ WalMart, as for it not shining I wonder how a coat of clear coat would work?? Like use the Plasti Kote clear coat to finish it off!! Good luck;)

Tacoma750
03-22-2004, 01:17 PM
hondarider, you dont even know what your talking about. Ita a new paint that doesnt chip off. I just sprayed it on some old dirtbike fenders i had, and then i threw them into a tree, jumped on them and banged them into the ground HAHA, they didnt even chip or scratch, im sure it would last a long time. So next time, get your facts straight. Sorry dude, didnt mean to flame you.Everyone else, thanks for your help.post pics if you have any.

redrunner
03-22-2004, 02:05 PM
We had a thread a little while ago about this and there is a member that works for Krylon on here. You can get the info from that thread. I used it on my kids old helmet and it scratched off pretty easy.:(

hondarider2006
03-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Tacoma750
hondarider, you dont even know what your talking about. Ita a new paint that doesnt chip off. I just sprayed it on some old dirtbike fenders i had, and then i threw them into a tree, jumped on them and banged them into the ground HAHA, they didnt even chip or scratch, im sure it would last a long time. So next time, get your facts straight. Sorry dude, didnt mean to flame you.Everyone else, thanks for your help.post pics if you have any.

Sorry bro I was thinkin of a differnt paint. I got some new stuff they came out with that changes color. I did my cell phone cover and it was awsome for about 2 weeks, than it started to come off. I thought that was the stuff you were talkin about. My bad;)

Tacoma750
03-22-2004, 04:48 PM
its cool dude. try the new paint,. its called fusion, worx awsome.

Black_ex_rider
03-29-2004, 05:39 AM
hEY all you guys out there, yo got some fusion paint that i painted my 400 fenders and i screwed up big time i washed my fenders with superclean befor i did it and its oil based so the paint didintstick so i got mad and put more coats of tremclad ahaha and that didint stay so i put some narnish iver it seems to get hard but ill never know for shure see ya

hondafox440
03-30-2004, 08:13 PM
The Fusion works better than any spray paint, but it's still just paint meaning it will chip and flake off eventually. I sued it on a snowboard (8 coats color, 6 coats clear) and it looks/feels OK, and is holding up pretty good so far.

Black_ex_rider
03-30-2004, 08:16 PM
ya i know its beter but man its all to good to be true man....thats awsome but how is the clear coat holding up annyways do you have msn ???

Tacoma750
03-31-2004, 01:21 PM
I dont think it chips, i tested it on some hand gaurds, and i continually banged them on a tree and nothin happened, thats without clearcoat:) Try it out guys, if you prep your fenders right, this stuff works great. Its called "fusion" i did research on it, at actually fuses with the plastic. In otherwords it melts a little to make a strong bond, and with a few coats of clear, you will be good to go for a while.

matt6951
03-31-2004, 09:41 PM
it chipped bad just putting the plastics back on the bike... save your money and buy new plastics.. dont paint them

Black_ex_rider
04-01-2004, 01:34 PM
hey can someone give me the steps to preping your plastics really good thanx

speedy400
04-02-2004, 09:11 AM
My buddy did it on his blaster, only problem was around the gas tank because when gassing up ever now and then a drip would get on the paint and make the paint drip. Otherwise works great! It's pretty shiny too, good luck-darren