PDA

View Full Version : Lap Traffic

yamadooski
03-21-2004, 04:34 PM
Ok I really should be in the afternoon class.
I encounter lap traffic at every race and just deal with it!
The only reason Im not in the afternoon class is the time it takes to drive home and I wasnt sure if I could jump a class this year or not. Oh well its too late now. But back to the main issue.

Im always last in the holeshot which to me is fun passing everyone in my class but this time I wished I had the holeshot.
So here I am last into the woods and some dude flips and I get around him but then come to the first major hill climb and its backed up and no way around.
We litterally sat there for 15 minutes with our quads turned off!.
Finally the line starts to move I already knew The leaders had a good start and missed the yahoo who tied up the hill climb!!!
So now its a long battle to the lead rider.
Ok here is where it gets good.
Im on my last lap and I im tying to get some lappers out of my way. They would not get over for the life of me and there was no where to pass.
Then all of a sudden someone is screaming and bumping my back tires!
I look behind and see its Traci or steph.
Im thinking man Im trying to get around the idiots (3 of them) and they wont budge even after Im bumping them.
Now here is T or S bumoing me and in 2 years of racing have never been bumped....I do the bumping!!!!
Dont they understand I was trying to get around them myself!
So Im nice and I knew those 2 were battling it out.
So there was no place to go so I slam my quad into a tree so whichever of the 2 gals could get around.
Now for some reason she got the lappers to move it must be the thumpers.
Im running 2 srtoke.
So now Im running right behind I believe Traci and staying right with here for quite a long time.
She come to a lapper and they move outa the way and then they move right back onto the trail and I rear ended that guy so hard!
BY the time the guy knew what hit him Im back on the way and Traci was long gone.
Thanks letting me vent.
Now how the do I get lappers out the way with a 2 stroke.
MY God I never had a problem untill this race?

Wingnut
03-21-2004, 04:51 PM
It could be worse. Like starting behind the SSr and Women's classes. The best thing is to just be nice to them until you know for sure that they aren't going to let you bye. If there are two in lappers in the same class, you will probably just have to wait until you find a spot to pass them. Pray you never catch John Gallager.

yamadooski
03-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Ya I guess I was more PO'ed that Traci and Steph caught up to me. That was first for me.
Oh well it was a fun course.