PDA

View Full Version : steering stem

neals03400
03-21-2004, 03:28 PM
what is the best steering stem for the money. should i go with standard length or go taller. what benifit do u get with longer stem.

03-21-2004, 03:33 PM
longer stem is better for taller people b/c they dont have to lean over so much....I have never used an aftermarket steering stem before but I heard that lonestar is the best....I would also get anti vibration inserts too

Toadz400
03-21-2004, 05:37 PM
I would also like to know about this, who makes a good anti-vibe steering stem and stabilizer? Also what difference does the foward +1 make??

neals03400...is your name Neal?? I've never seen or heard of someone with the name Neal spelled in that way...mine is exactly the same, but it's always some weird spelling like Neil or Niel...

Dave400ex
03-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Most of the aftermarket stems I would at least go +1. If not the bottom of the clamp would be in the gas tank plastic. It feels better being a little taller also. I have an Arens stem and haven't had a single problem with it. They are priced very well also.

andrew360
03-21-2004, 09:48 PM
I have a Roll Design Chrome +1 stem complete with the anti-vibe dogbone clamp; I'm only 5' 9", but I prefer the extra height. If you're going to buy one, get a Roll, they look SWEET with the Roll Logo cast into the front; not only that, but the head and base are the industry's only cast stainless stem pieces; I also went for the 1 1/8 fat bar clamp and am running TAG T2 CR Double Hi bars, and this setup is really comfortable

http://www.rolldesign.com/Templates/steeringstems.asp