PDA

View Full Version : Put the Yoshimura on tonite

Quadfather
03-08-2002, 09:27 PM
I finally got to put my Yoshi slip on tonite. My Curtis Sparks was just too loud for my likings. I also ground out the weld on my headpipe a bit. The easiest part of the process was taking the Curtis Sparks off. It came right out, but I had to really use some finesse to get the stock header pipe back in. The Yoshi slip on was really easy to put on. I also switched my Uni Filter with a K&N plus an Outerwear. I didn't mess with the jetting, because I figured it would be close.

I hit the starter, and was surprised. It sounded pretty much like the CS at idle, but when I juiced it a little, it was a tad deeper, but not near as loud. I was pleased at this point. I jumped on, hit first, and took off down the street. It did not quite have the pull of the CS, but still pulls hard. I am happy sacrificing what little power I did for the noise level difference. All in all, I am extremely happy with the Yoshimura.

I also put on the case saver Leo is selling in the Forums store. It is a work of art. It went on in about a minute and a half, seems like a rock solid unit, and looks great.