PDA

View Full Version : FCR Problem

Derrick D
03-20-2004, 07:06 PM
When I turn on the gas from the petcock, the gas comes out of the breather tubes on the FCR. What is causing that?

onebad450r
03-20-2004, 07:53 PM
I'd say that you have a piece of dirt in the float needle valve. Try taking the carb off and removing the bowl, pull the pin out holding the float on, lift the needle valve out. Take some carb cleaner and spray some down the gas line ( hooks on to the tank). Then some down the hole where you took the needle valve from. Repeat this untill you have got it clean. Why you have gotten the carb apart my as well spray some of that carb cleaner into the jets and any small hole that you can find. If you have some air to blow the carb out it works great.

ReconRider25
03-20-2004, 08:35 PM
OR maybe the drain screw on the float bowl isnt in tight? jee....might wanna check that before you take the whole thing apart.....:rolleyes:

Bad Habit
03-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Or maybe the FCR does not have a drain screw on the bowl? jee....might want to know what you're talking about before you give advise. ;)

Derrick D
03-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah their is definatly no drain screw. I got it fixed last night, but it started the same **** today when I was riding. I just put the carb on last night & I went through the whole thing & cleaned everything before I installed it. It seems light the float or something is getting stuck. If I shake the hell out of the quad sometimes it will stop leaking & the bike will run fine. I think I am going to pull the carb off again & go back through it.

Chef
03-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Mine used to do that, and basically, my entire carb was plugged with rust from my fuel barrell...Had to put the carb in this sonic somethin or other machine and get it all out. Its been fine ever since, though.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Try putting and inline fuel filter on your bike to rule out dirty fuel. If the needle and seal still leak by replace them. We sell the parts you needd for that carb.

Derrick D
03-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Is it possible that the seal could have gotten messed up from the type of carb cleaner I was using?

Derrick D
03-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I put an inline fuel filter on & cleaned the carb. The bike was running fine for about 15 min. then it stalled, and started to do the same thing again. I think I must be pulling dirt through my K&N. I am going to clean my K&N & replace the needle & seal in the carb. Hey Colby this carb is from Sparks racing so I know he puts a different needle in the carb. Do you sell the same one?

tt racer
03-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Change your needle and seat under you float.

cals400ex
03-29-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Derrick D
I put an inline fuel filter on & cleaned the carb. The bike was running fine for about 15 min. then it stalled, and started to do the same thing again. I think I must be pulling dirt through my K&N. I am going to clean my K&N & replace the needle & seal in the carb. Hey Colby this carb is from Sparks racing so I know he puts a different needle in the carb. Do you sell the same one?

yeah, what needle does sparks use?? emp??