PDA

View Full Version : carb problems

gemfride
03-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Ive got a question. I tried to put a 130 main in my 300ex. A buddy of mine has one in his. If I set my needle on the same setting why would it cut out on top end. I went ahead and put the 122(stock) back in and Im still having the same problem. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone else have a 130 main in theres and if so what slot is your clip in on the needle? Any info would be great.

jay's 300
03-20-2004, 06:51 PM
How about letting someone else work on it! :blah: Good luck man! :devil:

cals400ex
03-20-2004, 08:40 PM
you could be hitting the rev limiter. however, i would give the carb a good clean job along with all of the hoses on the carb. make sure you don't have an air leak anywhere either.

gemfride
03-22-2004, 07:45 PM
See the problem is I bought it off of a guy kinda like me, likes to do things for himself. And obviously, he didnt have a clue either.:macho :D :devil:

jay's 300
03-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by gemfride
See the problem is I bought it off of a guy kinda like me, likes to do things for himself. And obviously, he didnt have a clue either.:macho :D :devil:

At least it did last for more than a day! :blah: Get that thing worked out so we can get to spankin Hoosier! :devil:

quintanilla2003
04-20-2004, 07:00 PM
I am currently experiencing the same problem with my 1999 300EX. I have added a pipe and air K&N Air filter and took it in to be rejetted. The service guy is having problems jetting it and it is cutting out at 3/4 throttle. He went up to a 130 jet and then went back to the stock and even inbetween and we are still having the same problem. Did you happen to find a solution to the problem? It is currently at the dealer and if you have a soultion we would appreciate your response as soon as possible to save me a few dollars $$$ :). Please e-mail me at your earliest convenience at websters@matc.edu
Thank you.

gemfride
08-17-2004, 04:59 PM
I ended up putting the air box back on and getting rid of the prefilter. Sorry it took so long and you probably got it fixed by now. But that was my problem. Gem