PDA

View Full Version : I think its great that

yellowrider
03-20-2004, 04:47 PM
honda and yamaha and polaris realized that the sport market wanted arm pulling performance..

dont you remeber last year where all we did was talk about the 650 ex and the 450ex

i remeber us wishing that it had electric start reverse and alot of power aluminum frame... for all the bands..

but they seemed to fail us.. each company did something different ... none of them made the perfect bike.
all of them need something

the 450r needs new gearing and more arm pulling power and the motor moved up a little to keep the front end from coming up..
with a aluminum frame -- feels a little tippy--

the yfz needs its own plastic, a softer seat, and some better tires with reverse and aluminum frame i feel a little cramp on the bike myself and i am only 5'11. it felt like it had all the arm pulling power out of all the bikes..

the pred.. the best all around has got the power the softer seat the most aftermarket stuff and is about a grand less then the yfz and around 500.00 dollars less then the R
its heavy the tires are junky, the color of plastic is nasty ...

the most bang for the buck seems liek the polaris..
2nd would be the yammi i know it cost the most but you take off the lid and take baffles our and retard the cam and you have a powerful engine
3rd would be the honda it lacks the electric start .. the hrc kit is extra. and you have to remove some plastic to get to the spark plug..

the only reason why i could imagine why the polaris didnt do so well is because the lack of a good reputation... honda and yamaha is like chevy and ford..
nothing else matters even though it could be a better product ..

sorry i felt like i needed to sum this up for me and some others who dont know if they want to sale their 400ex for pred,yfz.R

as of right now if i had to buy one today .. i would first go to the yammi store then if they didnt come down enough i would go honda then polaris..

mainly the price who ever cmoes off retail the most i will buy it .. so far the yamm has came off alot and the honda only 6200.00.. otd i havent visit my polaris dealer yet..

what do y ou all think of these machines?? which one did you choose and why .. what where the disadvantges that lead you not to buy the other products..

:confused: :) :macho

Ralph
03-20-2004, 05:46 PM
my 400ex works perfect for me

roostin_dale
03-20-2004, 06:02 PM
the perfect quad has already been made dude! but they went out of buisness

hondarider2006
03-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Ralph

yellowrider
03-20-2004, 08:55 PM
sure was ugly though..

today in autotrader i seen a 2004atk moto
was it a misprint or something..

anyhow any other opinions about the big three

toby400ex
03-20-2004, 09:22 PM
my 400ex works perfect for me No chit, mine does too. :p

cool 300ex
03-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Sounds about right but them razar's are pretty good. Also why didn't you say anything about the z400?

CowsBitePeople
03-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
the perfect quad has already been made dude! but they went out of buisness

Damn straight:macho

yellowrider
03-21-2004, 06:25 AM
:D i really hate z 400

my close friend had one and could ride it .. made it sweet he sold it .. and another one of my old buddies got a new one and made it look pootang.. he is always making an excuse why he cant go up something or why he has to go around.. that thing still looks brand new with some wore out tires caseu all he ddoes is go down the road so i hate e ven thinking about a z 400 lol

they are nice bikes...

just wouldnt be my choice for my next bike i was some power without opening my motor .

400exdad
03-21-2004, 07:04 AM

While it may not be the fastest or most powerful, the 400EX is still the best all around sport quad on the market.

:D Ralph, is Coxsacki on the tip of Long Island? :D

Tommy 17
03-21-2004, 08:56 AM
heres a good idea.... quit *****in!!!!!

theres nothing wrong with any of them quads... not all of us want reverse... not all of us want electric start... etc...

brian-250
03-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
heres a good idea.... quit *****in!!!!!

theres nothing wrong with any of them quads... not all of us want reverse... not all of us want electric start... etc...

damn staight tommy!my 400 (to me anyway)has all the power in the world commin of a recon easy as can be to wheelie on an is fater than anything else arournd here sept for that R and a raptor:rolleyes:

Ralph
03-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 400exdad
While it may not be the fastest or most powerful, the 400EX is still the best all around sport quad on the market.

:D Ralph, is Coxsacki on the tip of Long Island? :D

nay
,and my mother lives in Gayhead

Chanman420q
03-21-2004, 12:02 PM
I live in clifton park ny, ur not that far from here

Atreyu
03-21-2004, 01:26 PM

Yep.

03-21-2004, 05:04 PM
kfx....

RobbRacer
03-21-2004, 08:47 PM
i think if i was going to go out and buy one i would have to say that i would have to go with a gasgas 300 or 450. this is because they already come with every thing that you have to buy aftermarket for any quad. it might cost you more but think of all of the time you save when you dont have to put all of these parts on yourself. just my opinion

crazy250r Rider
03-22-2004, 12:50 AM
good point robb, the gasgas seems like a good way to go right now, but for that much $ why not a tricked out 250R? for the $ they can't be beat.....mine cost much less then the main 3 quads you have named, and it will run with them all also, if not pass them.....if you do some looking you can find some nice ones, mine has fullbores, lsr axle, coolhead, works triple's all around, ETC..and it does great for just about anything...........

QuadJunkies
03-22-2004, 01:09 AM
All Im gonna say is. Were ALL just so lucky to have such a Variety of quads to suit EVERYONE!!!:blah: Just think back a few years ago when we all had to settle for just a few:confused: .... Heck, if I could. I would have one of them all!!!:blah: (well, maybe not all just that fast ones....:o :D )LOL..... I love my Honda for things the Polaris cant do and Same with our Predator....;)