PDA

View Full Version : banshee boost bottle ????

03-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Were does it mount exactly on the intake and what makes it so special???

Please give details on this,,,I've never really looked into it...:D

kc 300EX
03-08-2002, 08:17 PM
I wish I knew what I was talking about, but I dont, anyways, its suppsoed to help with low end throttle response, some mumbo jumbo about picking up vapors and somthing or other, this is what my friend with a Banshee says about his Boost Bottle:

kc 300EX: whast a boost bottle do?
oO InjectioN Oo: nothing
kc 300EX: whats it SUPPOSED to do
oO InjectioN Oo: suposed to give better throttle response
kc 300EX: ok
oO InjectioN Oo: and for 40 bucks, if you have some skill you can just make one youself

So i dunno

JOEX
03-08-2002, 09:37 PM
I think it's kinda funny that a Yamaha needs a "boost".:p

knighttime
03-09-2002, 01:04 AM
:huh

BANSHEEadam
03-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Here you go Rico.. a picture of my dirty engine. It connects straight to the manifold. I read up on it a while back, if I remember right it holds gases in there when you let off the throttle, then shoots it back through when you get back on it. More hype than anything I think... I know I wouldn't have bought it. Maybe it actually works though.
Well hope I helped
Later man

...Sorry if i confused you with that Rico.. It is a white brother's boost bottle, it was just on there when I bought the banshee. It's somethin I wouldn't have bought myself

Sparkles
03-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Whats in the bottle? Poweraid?

trx400ex
03-10-2002, 12:58 PM
no, nitrous oxide:D

03-12-2002, 11:08 AM
so all banshee's come with one stock,,and it's up to the rider to buy another brand or aftermarket one???

PsychoDave
03-12-2002, 11:24 AM
Boost Bottles do work!!!!!! They make off throttle response great. It will only work on 2 strokes.

Scott
03-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Yamaha has been doing that on 2 strokes for 20 years. My IT490 has a simliar gizmo. It connects between the carb and reeds (if I remember correctly... gettin old...). I took it off and disassembled to see what makes it tick, answer - nothing, it's a hollow, empty "air space".

The yammie mechanic I asked about it said all it did was allow you a little extra volume in the intake so that as you come up on the power band and the reeds open, you don't starve the engine for air and get a hesitation. Think of it as the accelerator pump for the air side of the fuel mixure.

You're not missing out on anything. Unless you've customized your 400 to the point that you've figured out how to use reeds in it, this won't help you out any.

03-12-2002, 08:34 PM
eiher they dont hav one stock, or its a small one, racers buy em caus they giv low end and trottle responce.

Scott
03-13-2002, 10:38 AM
Hmmm... Don't know about the low end, but yes on the throttle response.

400exdad
03-13-2002, 11:20 AM
Stock Banshees have a tube instead of the bottle. The bottle provides more volume on the carb side of the reeds for vaccuum and I guess the intake pulses from one cylinder help the other cylinder. I think it also improves the vaccuum "signal" the carb receives. If I said anything else about this, I would have to wear some boots, it would be getting so deep. :D

03-13-2002, 12:41 PM
Well I know that I can't use one on my 400 or reeds for that matter,,,me and a buddy were talkin and he asked me what the heck it was and why you need it,,so I figured this would be a good place to ask..:D

tanks guys...

Scott
03-13-2002, 12:45 PM
Aww, c'mon Rico! I was waiting for someone to post how they changed the reeds on their 400 and how much more power they got.

WyoDuner
03-13-2002, 02:10 PM
A boost bottle does nothing except possibly make you faster by lightening your wallet. This is actually a common subject and popular opinion agrees it is a waste of money.

From Toomey's web site:
Yes, there must be the cross-over tube, but the engine couldn't care less how big it is.... this tube is used to communicate the volume information from side to side, not to magically "store-and-forward" mixture for later use, as some have alleged. Nor is it able (as far as we can detect) to allow mixture to be drawn from both carbs at once..... So the "Boost Bottle" as a performance product is a complete placebo and only serves the manufacturer's pocket, not the customer's needs. Beware of companies who sell this kind of thing, they are not being true.

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....